The summital platform of the Koetzfels

The summital platform of the Koetzfels

We are here, situated on the summital platform of the Koetzfels, which is a part of the big Steinbacher Wintersberg mountain or massive, by Obersteinbach. The maximal altitude is reaching the 400 meters barreer, this is remarkable for the neary sector (for beeing exact : 422 meters ... ). The Koetzfels is a climbing tower, which is cut from the main summit, by a very large and deep crack (or failure). Recently, a forestian guard has installed a wood ladder, for penetrating easily the summit of this very wild rock. On this nueded summit (without vegetation), you can find a climbing book, for writting your name and your date of climb on the rock : a fantastic idea ! Personnaly, I know who has brought this climbing book, on this summit : Raymond Fischer, from Reichshoffen (who's an old teacher, in retreat now), has installed the Koetzfels climbing book, since 2005 ... Very bright this ! Unfortunately, is the site totally unknown and isolated, extremely savage and preserved : the rock isn't equiped with climbing bolts and rings ! Sorry ! What for a big damage ... A last important information, about this rock : as long as the wood ladder will be in good state, you will have the possibility to climb easily on the summit of this tower, for discovering and contemplating a legendar and very extended panorama (this one is unwaited, very spectacular ! ).
Kikee
on Feb 26, 2008 4:18 pm
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 383914

Comments

No comments posted yet.