The VALLON of "CORDAGNI'" or "Le "Cordagnë", Kingdom of HUNTERS & POACHERS

The VALLON of "CORDAGNI'" or "Le "Cordagnë", Kingdom of HUNTERS & POACHERS

Page Type Page Type: Article
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering

Hunting Overview

Arpisson s Superior Pasture & Emilius North Face 2006
In the past it was a valley popular for the intrepid Gamekeepers of the Baron Egon Beck Peckoz from Gressoney Valley, owner of Les Laures Hunting Reserve. Then, who died the same, this has been somewhat downsized, shrinking its borders which, in those days, also crossed the border into the Valley of Grauson-Lussert-Doreire reaching toward South the Punta Tersiva (3518m); while in the North they reach even to the Vallon Western Arpisson, under the great North Wall of Emilius (3559m), and, having overtaken even the "Crestone" North-northeast of Becca di Nona (3142m), also touched the rocky promontory of Morion, above Dard's Gorgias. An adventurous and glorious past that is gone forever along with the hunters, poachers and gamekeepers and the Baron Egon Gressoney. Along with them have fallen silent hunting horns, the cannon roaring from Laures and coarse greetings that the Mountaineers are sent from "Becca" towards Emilius and vice versa, ie from the Peak of the Nine to that of the Ten Hours. Now they were only the herds of Ibexes that, now undisturbed, date back N-NE Edge, crossing the Black Triangle North and Eastern Walls and down to sunbathe below the Becca di Nona and go to eat at Morion, right at the foot of the North Face of the same. But today is not the same thing and also the ibex have "softened" becoming flaccid, private part of what is the real struggle for survival as well as that to combat the cold and hunger. Only the terrible deafening noise of the Avalanche has remained with the same roaring from Dent de la Becca and crashing down on top and sweeping "Cordagnë or Cordagnì". Inside the more than wild, desolate and sad West Arpisson ...
 Becca s  Oriental Face to Arpisson s Vallon
Phantasmagoric Arpisson s Vallon under Emilius 2006
Avalanche of 500 metres from Becca s Tooth to Arpisson Alp May 11th, 2006 hours 11  40
Nei tempi passati era un vallone molto frequentato dagl intrepidi Guardiacaccia del Barone Egon Beck Peckoz, proprietario della Riserva di Caccia delle Laures.
Poi, morto il medesimo, questa é stata alquanto ridimensionata, restringendo i suoi confini che, a quei tempi, varcavano anche il confine col Vallone di Grauson-Lussert-Doreire raggiungendo verso Meridione la Punta Tersiva (3518 m); mentre a Settentrione arrivavano fino al Vallone Occidentale dell'Arpisson, sotto la grande Parete Nord dell'Emilius (3559 m), e, scavalcato anche il "Crestone" Nord-nordest della "Becca" (3142 m), toccavano anche il promontorio roccioso del Morion, sopra alla Gorgia del Dard. Un'avventuroso e glorioso passato che é tramontato per sempre insieme ai cacciatori, bracconieri, guardiacaccia ed al Barone Egon di Gressoney. Insieme a loro sono caduti nel silenzio i corni di caccia, il cannone rombante dalle Laures e i saluti sguaiati che gli Alpinisti s'inviavano dalla "Becca" all'Emilius, cioé dal Picco delle Nove a quello delle Dieci Ore. Son rimasti soltanto i branchi di Stambecchi che, ora indisturbati, risalgon lo Spigolo N-NE, attraversano le Pareti del Triangolo Nero ed Est e, scendendo a prendere il sole alla Becca di Nona, vanno a mangiare al Morion, giusto ai piedi della Faccia Nord della medesima. Oggi però non é più la stessa cosa ed anche gli stambecchi si sono "rammolliti", privati in parte di quella che é la vera lotta per la sopravvivenza oltre a quella per combattere il freddo e la fame. Soltanto il rombo terribile della Valanga é rimasto uguale ruggendo dalla Dent de la Becca ed abbattendosi al di sopra e spazzando "lo Cordagnì". Nel più che selvaggio, desolato e triste Vallone dell'Arpisson Occidentale ...
By Vetan toward Bca. Seneva & Mont Blantsette 2015
Becca di Nona
Col Peckoz & Blantsette Pass transits by IBEXES 2016

a VERY WILD valley and even pretty ROUGH & DANGEROUS

"Le Cordagnì" even "Le "Cordagnë" or Cobbler. So the vallon has also called by local hunters and from few poachers on the spot, from a spike of Becca Seneva that, whereas wound by the clouds, it resembles you showing the bent artisan on its job. Known observation very well in the Commune of Grand Brissogne, that use the term, with their dialect "patois" or Franco-Provencal, "passer le Cordagnì" or "bypass the Cordagnë(ì)" to explain their transit to the inside and in the tall part, where he is seen them, in their idiom, "binocolare" or to use the binoculars. But few, and nothing, has remained luckily almost of these epic struggles with the small camions and the "Bees Piaggio" (a motorcycle tank-wagon with three wheels), that saw out to go out, after awful hunting, the stately ones and you give horns. You don't risk you in this without the due precautions (eyes well opened always!), because you could come upon you in hunters an a little distracted: of however it is what it notices and published on the national daily paper, to his time, that the President of the Hunters of the Valley of Aosta, Friend Charles, has shot to a poor cow killing the same. "Exchanged" with a real Steinbock!
Alpe d Arpisson Desott
Parete Nord dell Emilius
EMILIUS 33 HISTORY ... Arpisson s Walloon May 2010
Questo vallone é anche chiamato sia dai valligiani, nonché da cacciatori e bracconieri in loco "Le Cordagnì" od anche "Le "Cordagnë", cioé in patois Il Calzolaio. Fatto dovuto ad uno spuntone della Becca di Seneva che, laddove avvolto dalle nuvole, vi rassomiglia mostrando l'artigiano ricurvo ed intento sul suo lavoro. Osservazione conosciuta molto bene nel Comune di Grand Brissogne, utilizzando il termine "passer le Cordagnì" per spiegare il transito all'interno e nella parte alta, ove li si vede, nel lor dire, "binocolare". Ma poco, e per fortuna quasi nulla, è rimasto di queste epiche lotte con i camioncini e le "Api Piaggio", che vedevano sballonzolare fuori le maestose e regali corna. Non vi avventurate in questo senza le dovute precauzioni (occhi ben aperti!), perché potreste imbattervi in cacciatori un pò distratti. D'altronde è cosa nota e pubblicata, all'epoca sui quotidiani nazionali, come il Presidente dei Cacciatori della Val d'Aosta, l'Amico Carlo, abbia sparato a mucca uccidendola. "Scambiata" per Stambecco!
Emilius s North Wall Direct Route & Arpisson Vallon
Emilius Kingdom of the IBEXES above <i>Arpisson</i> 2016
Emilius s North Face Direct Route & Arpisson


Comments

No comments posted yet.