Thermal Flying ...an Eagle's eye view of Cheddar Gorge

Thermal Flying ...an Eagle's eye view of Cheddar Gorge

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 51.28275°N / 2.76484°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Aug 1, 2015
Activities Activities: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Summer

Thermal Flying - An Eagle's eye view of Cheddar Gorge

Warm greetings Summit Posters on a cold, damp day from Bristol in the UK!

Some of you lovely people may have visited the spectacular Cheddar Gorge to walk, cave, climb or just sample the cheese over the years?

So here is a South to North aerial tour of Britain's biggest gorge and one of the great natural wonders of the UK. Formed from carboniferous limestone, Cheddar Gorge is situated on the southern edge of the Mendip Hills in Somerset and is a very popular destination for tourists, walkers, cavers and climbers alike. This video was filmed in August 2015 with Arnie the Drone in the early morning and late evening to try to capture the best light, but also to minimise disturbing any other people in the area. For any climbers amongst you this aerial tour features hallowed crags including Lion Rock, the Three Tiers, Acid Rock, the Pinnacle Bay and Castle Rocks areas (look out for the brain meltingly exposed Sunset Buttress + Spacehunter Wall) and the jewel in the crown of High Rock including a good view up the line of the crag classic that is Coronation Street.

Anyway if interested in viewing a short HD video of this amazing venue then please use the embedded link: 



If you wish to sample the full High Def experience and your computer has enough va va voom, you should be able to change the "Quality" icon to 1080p HD in the bottom right hand corner on the You Tube screen. All constructive feedback welcome, please feel free to share and hopefully it will enliven a lunch or tea break up over a brew +biscuit and inspire a few folks to pay gorgeous Cheddar a visit!  :-)

Cheers and happy climbing

Dave








Comments

No comments posted yet.