Viewing: 1-8 of 8
taddo

taddo - May 25, 2011 5:17 pm - Voted 10/10

ago vigliacco

Probably there will be more useful this experience that many others, although they will be more satisfying ...

gabr1

gabr1 - May 25, 2011 6:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: ago vigliacco

For sure i learned a lot...

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - May 29, 2011 11:04 am - Voted 10/10

At least you are back

People learn a lot more from trip reports about failures, than they do from heroically recounted tales. Thanks.

LoneRanger

LoneRanger - May 29, 2011 1:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: At least you are back

Well said, and yes, the report was very useful!

gabr1

gabr1 - May 29, 2011 4:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: At least you are back

Thank you for your comments, i'm really happy you found the report of this fortunately small misadventure useful.

gabr1

gabr1 - May 30, 2011 9:01 am - Hasn't voted

Re: At least you are back

True, although i guess in one's mind there is always the hope to be writing one of those succesful heroic stories once you get back home... :-)
Thank you for your comment

mvs

mvs - May 30, 2011 11:24 am - Voted 10/10

I think...

Every climber has a story like this. Good to be reminded of the early days...also good to start when you are young and have the bullheadedness to persevere after such debacles! Better luck next time, as they say!

gabr1

gabr1 - May 30, 2011 11:34 am - Hasn't voted

Re: I think...

I wrote this the evening after it happened, but i wasn't sure i should submit it to sp. On one side it's not fun to let your defeats be publicly seen, and on the other hand, there is the risk of appearing like someone that thinks every little scratch they they get is so important that everyone should know...
But then i decided that as i felt it was an important experience for me, i would let it be public, more to have feedback from those who had similar experiences than to give information.
Thank you for your comment.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Thinking about the thin line' main page