Thomas Lakes-Standard Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
belexes

belexes - Sep 9, 2013 6:42 pm Date Climbed: Sep 8, 2013

Thomas Lakes  Sucess!

Climbed Sopris with hiking buddy Marco. We started ~5AM, reached East Sopris around 9:15, then headed over to West Sopris. Got there around 9:45 and then headed back to East to take a short break. We got back to the trailhead around 1:30PM. It was a tough but good day.

haytraci

haytraci - Jun 28, 2007 2:21 pm Date Climbed: Jun 27, 2007

Thomas Lakes  Sucess!

What a beautiful hike! And very popular--we didn't even start out until nearly 1:30PM and still saw tons of people. There was even someone heading up after us. Besides that, keep in mind, this is a long one. Also, there is no water past the lakes, so take plenty.

JJ - Jun 28, 2007 1:27 am Date Climbed: Jun 27, 2007

Thomas Lakes Approach  Sucess!

Whoa! For not even being 13k this mountain is big....no joke. Mt.Sopris has been on my "list" for a while and it was sweet getting this summit. The trail is good to treeline and from there it remains good for the most part though it tends to disappear in sections. The views are fantastic and the route is straight-forward, but I know what Aaron Johnson means when he says once is enough. I will have to come back in the winter to ski it but at least now I know Sopris better and not to underestimate it.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Thomas Lakes-Standard' main page