Viewing: 1-4 of 4
gimpilator

gimpilator - Mar 30, 2011 12:27 am - Voted 10/10

Nice Write Up

I hope this is the first of many good trip reports. It sounds like you get out a lot. I also try to hike twice a week during the summer. I had some similar experiences the first time I did Three Fingers. My pack got caught between the rocks and I had to reach around to loosen it. Then my partner and I also ran into two folks spending the night up there. We didn't turn around though. We slept on the floor.

fjes6

fjes6 - Mar 30, 2011 12:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Write Up

Thanks man, that trip was the first of what I believe will be an annual trip to Three Fingers. Last year me and some buddies braved sideways rain starting a mile beyond the trailhead and stayed three nights up there. A great trip for sure. And honestly, I did propose the notion of sharing the LO but the guy said 'no way'.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Mar 31, 2011 2:10 am - Voted 10/10

He said what?

No way? Does he own the LO? I'd have invited him to F-off, particularly if, like you, I'd dragged a 45 lb pack up there.

fjes6

fjes6 - Mar 31, 2011 3:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: He said what?

Ha ha, ya. What doesn't kill you builds character right? He did give us a lecture on not bringing a tent, but really? It was Three Fingers outside of Granite Falls-not Denali in Alaska, we managed and had a great time so I still look back fondly on the trip itself. But yes, upon denial we where a little disheartened.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Three Fingers 2009' main page