Viewing: 1-4 of 4
mbgriffi

mbgriffi - Jul 3, 2007 6:31 am - Hasn't voted

fix the directions

Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, I am able to give realtime feedback on your poor directions to the trail head. Unfortunatele its 4:30 am and I am on the way to back to find the REAL exit which is NOT 278 but 284. Right now I feel no love towards you and mistake, please correct so that others do not feel our pain.

Sincerely
Mbg

Dean

Dean - Jul 3, 2007 8:58 am - Hasn't voted

Re: fix the directions

In double checking the AAA map of Utah -Nevada, I came up with this interesting tidbit that everyone should be made aware of. The 2002 AAA map shows the exit off of I-15 as 287 and the 2005 AAA map, the same exit as 284. Can anyone explain that?

Note: I called my son who lives near Lehi and he said highway construction has taken place the past couple of years and they changed many of the exit numbers. So, it is no longer exit 287 that you take to get to American Fork Canyon, it is exit 284.
Enough said.

mbgriffi

mbgriffi - Jul 4, 2007 9:07 am - Hasn't voted

Re: fix the directions

Ok so I should apologize for my tone. :) It was 4:30 in the morning and I made a mistake transposing 7 for 8, but we were bummed cause we were 20 minutes beyond the exit having to go over the point of the mountain to Bluffdale to turn around. But we had a great climb.

Dean

Dean - Jul 4, 2007 9:27 am - Hasn't voted

Re: fix the directions

The correct exit is now noted on the directions. Congrat's on your climb, a great mountain. A great loop is to go up the Timpanooke trail and down the Aspen Grove trail by leaving a vehicle at each TH. It was unfortunate that the exit numbers had been changed. : (

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Timpooneke Trail' main page