Viewing: 1-3 of 3
rgg

rgg - Mar 29, 2012 4:14 am - Hasn't voted

No more than one page on a particular real world object

As there already is an area page for the Central High Atlas, may I suggest you change the page type? Article or Custom Object would fit the content.

Stokesrees

Stokesrees - Mar 29, 2012 9:08 am - Hasn't voted

No more than one page

My article refers to the Western High Atlas. Can you suggest what is the best way of placing the articles? thanks

rgg

rgg - Mar 30, 2012 2:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: No more than one page

Well, the existing page for the Central High Atlas describes the area around Toubkal, as does your page. I didn't notice it before, but I agree that the name of the existing area page is wrong and should indeed be Western High Atlas, not Central. To improve Summitpost, the right thing to do in such a case is to add an Addition/Correction to the page with the wrong name - I've just done that - so the page owner can correct it, or disagree and explain why. But even with the wrong name, there are now still two area pages for the same area, which is against Summitpost policy, so the page type of your page should be changed, to type article for example.

Area pages can be children of other area pages. If there had been an area page for the High Atlas as a whole, then separate pages for the Western, Central and Eastern High Atlas would be more than welcome. They should then be children of the High Atlas page.

By the way, while the rules say there can be no more than one page for any particular real time object, like two area pages for the same area, or two mountain pages for the same mountain, there can be more than one article about the same thing, highlighting something different about it. An article about winter climbing in a particular area would make a fine addition, and should be a child of the area page itself. That way, people can find it.

Good luck, and thanks for contributing.
Cheers, Rob

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Toubkal Winter Climbing' main page