Shepherd Pass Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Mark Doiron

Mark Doiron - Aug 28, 2006 5:26 pm - Voted 10/10

I Love ...

I love the time spent with my own son, who's sixteen, much of it in the wilderness. While I hear folks who complain of trouble getting their son/daughter to talk to them about life, school, etc, I never have that problem. It's a matter of taking time out to enjoy your kids while they're still at home. It's precious time that can never be recovered once lost. Congrat's on a great trip and a wonderful read. --mark d.

P.S.--I'd love to have that wolverine track image attached to the Animal Signs album, if you'd care to do that. :-)

mpbro

mpbro - Aug 29, 2006 2:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Lovely photos

A very inspiring report indeed. Great scenery, great lakes, and big fish.

One question: what is your wet fly strategy? i.e., in terms of patterns, line type, extra weights? I have little experience fishing wets in lakes, which may explain my general lack of lake success. I will often fish a dropper rig in streams and rivers, which works pretty well. But always with floating line.

ffelix - Jan 10, 2010 3:21 am - Hasn't voted

Hm.

That's a canid track, not a wolverine. Dog or coyote, probably. Wolverines are very rare in the Sierras. Until recently, they were assumed extinct.

peninsula

peninsula - Jan 13, 2010 11:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hm.

Yep, I figured that out with the help of others providing feedback. You'd think I'd have figured it out on my own, figuring I make a living working on canids! What can I say? Mountain air livens my imagination.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Shepherd Pass' main page