Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Jan 16, 2007 7:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice Report

Good job. You did justice to the adventure of it all. I'm still very grateful for your extra boots.

Augie

Travis_

Travis_ - Jan 17, 2007 5:45 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Report

Thanks, and thanks for adding all the great pics. So what will be our next adventure?? Looking at the pictures of Allison Gulch, it looks like it could possibly be climbed to the summit of Iron Mnt.

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Jan 17, 2007 6:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice Report

Definitely worth considering.

amuirman

amuirman - Feb 20, 2008 1:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Report

Hi Augie!
I'd be interested in joining you (and maybe Bob Burd?) if you go for it and I'm free (and around). You do such fine adventures!

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Feb 20, 2008 2:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice Report

Asher,

Travis and Tom did the route a little over a week ago; I wasn't able to go with them, so it's still on my list. I'll keep you posted. Check out Travis's TR "SW Ridge to Iron" currently on SP's front page.

Augie

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Jan 18, 2007 5:33 am - Voted 10/10

Such Fun!

Nice writeup Travis. It was fun hiking with you to the saddle. The freezing hands makes me glad I didn't join you - I'd had enough of that already during the weekend. I took a very close look at that gully on my way up to the summit, and it sure looks like it would go the whole way at class 3 or less. Maybe a good springtime adventure?

Travis_

Travis_ - Jan 18, 2007 6:01 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome

thanks! your excellent trip report for the north face of telegraph was actually the inspiration for me to suggest trying allison gulch to the summit of iron mnt. i like bob's suggestion to try it later in spring.

graham

graham - Jan 18, 2007 5:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent TR

Great stuff, although it looks way too cold & wet for me.
I'm not sure why I don't see any link to the videos? Love to view them.
Cheers,
RickG

graham

graham - Jan 19, 2007 1:43 am - Voted 10/10

Video blocked

Dang, my ISP must be blocking the link, cuz I don't see any U-tube watermark. Double-dang!

Travis_

Travis_ - Jan 19, 2007 4:24 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Video blocked

Can you view it from the www.youtube.com website?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujfyjy0YDO4

geot1 - Apr 10, 2007 11:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Bushwhacking?

We met on the Heaton Flat Trail on your way to Allison Gulch.
You should have seen the Allison Mine Trail a couple of years earlier. It was impassable at the start without hedge clippers for the yuccas, and then I had to lean out over the edge holding onto spines of a later one even after clipping. It had a few fallen branches this year, no big deal. The Rattlesnake Peak trail was a little better yuccawise, but may have deserved a dubious rating as second toughest peak in the SGM. That one was a LOT of work.

I have seen only the mine and the eerie base of the final waterfall, and thoroughly enjoyed your description of the interim.

Travis_

Travis_ - Apr 11, 2007 1:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Bushwhacking?

yes, I remember talking to you. I was pleasantly surprised that the trail was as good as it was. I saw many spots that if the yucca were not trimmed that a maneuver such as you described would be necessary.

thanks for your input!

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Allison Gulch Canyoneering' main page