Two climbers write a journal while they attempt the top of Mont Blanc to raise funds for an NPO

Two climbers write a journal while they attempt the top of Mont Blanc to raise funds for an NPO

Page Type Page Type: Article
Activities Activities: Hiking, Sport Climbing

Important Update!

Max and Jib just made it to the top of Mont Blanc and are currently on their way back.

Here are some pictures from the summit!


undefined
We made it!


undefined
Finally here

The journal of their climb to Mont Blanc with live updates!


About the adventure

Two climbers write a journal of their attempt to the top of Mont Blanc through a very tough route —the Italian side on the full Brouillard ridge— to raise funds for a non-profit organization.



Unnamed Image

From Monday July 20th until Thursday July 24th, Jib (aspirant IFMGA guide) and Max will attempt climbing the Mont Blanc from the Italian side on the full Brouillard ridge —arête intégrale du Brouillard—, a very unconventional expedition due to its length in complete isolation (4 days, no refuge) and difficulty (D). Only 10 rope-teams have completed this route so far - chances of achieving the summit are somehow limited. 

The two friends are super excited by the challenge and have been preparing for months, waiting for the weather window! However, chances to succeed are limited considering weather conditions and the physical efforts required. To give the team a boost, they decided to raise funds in order to support Duo for a Job, an acclaimed Belgian non-for-profit that has been successfully putting young unemployed immigrants back to work thanks to retired professionals who volunteer as mentors. 

If you wish, you can sponsor the team to help them achieve the summit! All money raised will of course be entirely given to Duo for a Job as the team itself fully pays the expedition costs. Whatever the amount, they could use your support for this adventure!





External Link





Comments

No comments posted yet.