User Profile Image

User Profile Image

mico
on Aug 24, 2006 3:11 pm
Image ID: 218605

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Mountain Jim

Mountain Jim - Aug 27, 2006 2:28 am - Voted 10/10

Paul Bunyon's Boot

Just in case you might not know, the rock you're sitting on is called Paul Bunyon's Boot.
Did you find a summit register ???

mico

mico - Aug 27, 2006 3:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Paul Bunyon's Boot

I figured that someone would recognize the "Boot". I didn't know that it was called Paul Bunyon's Boot until last year. I had seen the "Boot" walking up to Gem Lake on my first trip to Colorado and Rocky Mountain National Park in 1995. I've been back to RMNP almost every year since and I consider a trip to Gem Lake mandatory everytime I am in the park. Last year on a spur of the moment impulse, I climbed up on the Boot. Unfortunately I was unable to locate the summit register. I also found that climbing up on the Boot was a heck of a lot easier then getting back down. Thanks for the comment Mountain Jim. I can't imagine there is anyone alive that has more knowledge of RMNP than you. You have amassed an impressive array of hikes and climbs in the park. You have my respect.

Mountain Jim

Mountain Jim - Aug 27, 2006 4:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Paul Bunyon's Boot

Thanks ... I'm very fortunate to have been born and raised with Rocky Mountain National Park in my back yard. For me, it's the spiritual center of the universe.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3