Via ferrata action shots

Via ferrata action shots

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing

In action...

In the Alps more and more via ferratas are constructed.
And more and more people join this kind of climbing.
There are different difficulties (scale from A (very easy) to E (extreme)) so that everybody has the possibility to make a climb according to his climbing skills.

Add your via ferrata action shots to show the fun of this kind of climbing!

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Andino

Andino - Nov 8, 2006 3:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Bravo

Good idea & Good album ! ;o)

schmid_th

schmid_th - Nov 8, 2006 3:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Bravo

Thank you and thanks for voting! ;-)

jhp1004 - Dec 20, 2006 11:16 am - Voted 10/10

Great album

I haven't got the guts to real climbing. Via ferrata is the way for guys like me to start climbing in a high age without too much risk, I started in the age of 50, and still feel the kick.
Jørgen

schmid_th

schmid_th - Dec 20, 2006 12:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great album

Everybody shall join the mountains in the way he/she likes. I like all kinds of mountaineering: combined climbing, ice climbing, sports climbing and via ferratas. There are some really great via ferratas in Switzerland! You have to visit them!

jhp1004 - Dec 20, 2006 1:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Great album

We always go to the ferratas of Italy/Dolomites. We have had some very bad experience with the weather in Austria and Switzerland, and we only go for 1 week every year, so the weather conditions are very important. But - point them out for me, or tell me where I can find info, you never know, we might change opinion and take the "risk".
Jørgen

Corax

Corax - Dec 21, 2006 1:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Never tried

I just have to try out a Via Ferrata one day. Looks interesting to pass on those cables.
A very nice album.

schmid_th

schmid_th - Dec 21, 2006 1:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Never tried

Thanks for your compliments!
It is a great fun! Very airy! There are a lot of via ferratas in the Alps. If you come to the Alps you have to try one!

Ejnar Fjerdingstad

Ejnar Fjerdingstad - May 7, 2007 11:00 am - Voted 10/10

Good idea

to make a special place to post ones ferrata shots!

schmid_th

schmid_th - May 8, 2007 2:43 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good idea

Thanks, I´m glad you like it! I wanted to show some beautiful pics of this special kind of climbing which I enjoy a lot.
Cheers, Thomas

Viewing: 1-9 of 9