Visocica (1619m) and Seline...

Visocica (1619m) and Seline...

Visocica (1619m) and Seline (1493m) seen from Vilinski Kuk (1401m) or view from seaboard streak of peaks towards the continental streak over the inner Velebit, a vast and closed area of valleys, peaks and ridges. This is pathless wilderness where no one goes and bears rule, South Velebit.

Photo: Aleksandar Gospic
Velebit
on Feb 27, 2005 10:19 am
Image ID: 92313

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Bor

Bor - Feb 27, 2005 11:59 am - Voted 10/10

A lot of snow!

I can see that you have a lot of snow on Velebit Sasha! Finnally the snow is falling in Slovenia too! I cannot wait anymore to test new tour skiies! :-)

Velebit

Velebit - Feb 27, 2005 12:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: A lot of snow!

Yes Bor, 174cm on Zavizan and counting, obviously I'm quite pleased :-) I think here on South Velebit there is more than 2m now because all this Adriatic low pressures that passed during last week brought lot more precipitation to South than to North Velebit. This was taken on Feb. 6th and there is more than meter of new snow since then. Unfortunately this situation is quite bad for us that don't tour ski also because snow is so deep, and still not hard enough, to go anywhere. To reach this spot now I would have to die along the way :-) Yesterday on Tulove Grede on places I was falling into snow up to waist! But good thing is that it is going to be very cold in next 4 days so I expect cement hard snow by next weekend. Julian Alps are doing well now too, after almost 2 months of unusually dry weather. Kredarica almost reached 2m and there is 1.5m of snow on Vogel. On your place I would be restless to go too :-) Have to buy those skis finally!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2