Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Mark Doiron

Mark Doiron - Jan 19, 2007 12:57 pm - Voted 10/10

I Watched ...

I watched the movie Donavan's Reef the other day and I wonder if the scene where they go after a Christmas tree and visit a mountain-top memorial was filmed here. Anyone know? --mark d.

Herb

Herb - Jan 19, 2007 1:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I Watched ...

Yes, you are right. Hollywood has chosen the Island of Kauai as the backdrop for numerous major motion pictures. Among them was "Donovan's Reef" (1963, directed by John Ford, with John Wayne and Lee Marvin). Jurassic Park (some scenes) is another example.

Dean

Dean - Jan 23, 2007 1:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: I Watched ...

Also filmed there was "So. Pacific". My brother was involved in the filming of Jurassic Park (he was one of the producers) and the filming only had a couple days left when hurricane Iniki hammered the island forcing them to finish up their shooting in Costa Rica.

Herb

Herb - Jan 23, 2007 2:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I Watched ...

Thanks for your visit & for your interesting contribution, Dean.

Dwise

Dwise - Mar 5, 2007 9:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Movies filmed on Kauai

I was there recently and was told that scenes from the Man with the Golden Gun, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Six Days Seven Nights, and Fanasty Island were also filmed there. Great Pictures by the way. That canyon is amazing!

Herb

Herb - Mar 9, 2007 1:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Movies filmed on Kauai

Thanks for stopping by, commenting and voting!

Cheers,
Herbert

gimpilator

gimpilator - Jun 24, 2011 11:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Album!

But why not change this into an actual canyon page? I see that there is no canyon page yet for Waimea.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Waimea Canyon (Kauai)' main page