Walk up Binsey Wainwright, Lake District UK

Walk up Binsey Wainwright, Lake District UK

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 54.69438°N / 3.22383°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Apr 22, 2022
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring

Binsey walk from Binsey Lodge

On a beautiful spring evening, we decided to spend an hour or two at Binsey Wainwright to watch the sunset in the Lake District. We had heard that the Saharan dust was being blown over the UK around the same time, so thought our chances of seeing such a wonder might just be possible.

 

We arrived at Binsey Lodge and parked in the little lay-by just down the road from here. It wasn’t long before we were heading up the gentle, and then steeper slopes of Binsey Wainwright to the top as the cloud began to come in around us.

 

We didn’t lose hope though and on reaching the top of Binsey the clouds started to part as the orange glow began to come through. There wasn’t another soul at the top of the fell and it felt amazing seeing this dust tint the sun and clouds a wonderful orange colour. We stood in awe as the clouds opened up more and opened up the views looking towards the Skiddaw range and Bassenthwaite too.

 

Binsey sunset in the Lake District

 

We stayed at the top for quite some time before leaving and feeling like we had already had our highlight of being back in the Lake District after only being back a day. A true wonder and the walk up and down Binsey is so easy that it makes for a perfect evening walk to end the day off nicely.



Comments

No comments posted yet.