Viewing: 1-2 of 2
mrchad9

mrchad9 - Jul 22, 2013 5:56 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Route!

Thanks for this page Bob! I just happened to open it the day before my trip last weekend... was wondering why there was both a west slope and west slope south ridge page. So glad I looked! I headed up from the lake as I was hiking out and kept right knowing that once I got to the ridge I'd be able to make it back north.

I wouldn't call it class 5 or even really class 4, but I guess it would be if you stuck to the tip top. I was never more than 6-10 feet from the crest but I didn't drop down to the slopes below. Then again... I am a bit slower and inquisitive about which way I head about ;-) Going via one side or the other at certain points would certainly up the rating.

Was the highlight of my day.... thanks!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jul 23, 2013 1:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Route!

It's great to know the page has been useful! I definitely got onto a touch of 4/5 atop the crest, but I was actively trying to make things harder just for fun that morning.

I'll be back out that way next Tuesday, I think. I'd like to see if I can get to the Center Basin Crags from that side. Going from the lake to the pass is the idea. From there, who knows...

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'West Face and South Ridge' main page