Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Matthew Van Horn

Matthew Van Horn - Apr 8, 2014 2:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Summer trail

I wasn't sure but this year's route to Kings seemed to go up onto the summer trail before the waterfall and about 1.5 miles from the crossing.

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Apr 8, 2014 5:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Summer trail

Yes, we were on the summer trail for 1.4 miles and then the person breaking the most trail wanted to take a picture of the waterfall so he routed us back to the creek for the final mile before Elkhorn. I'm not too fond of that waterfall and the open pool with the awkward log just beyond it, even less so.

TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - Apr 15, 2014 3:28 am - Voted 10/10

Amazing, Awesome, Epic.....

Now that's what I call a winter EPIC! The Uintas are beautiful in the summer, but they are even more beautiful in their winter coat of white. I've always kept my ski eyes on that area......just need a nice 4 season tent!

Thanks for sharing your journey!

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Apr 15, 2014 11:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Amazing, Awesome, Epic.....

Thanks TDT! I think they are pretty in the winter too. I just wish more of the access roads were plowed.

TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - Apr 18, 2014 2:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Amazing, Awesome, Epic.....

Amen to that! Although by going through your trip reports.....Uinta access roads that are not plowed does NOT stop you! The only winter ski touring I ever do is in the Smith and Morehouse area.............and the mirror lake highway when it opens late May.

Again, thanks for sharing your trip with all of us on SP!

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to '"West Gunsight" in Winter' main page