West Pueblo Ridge Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Paul McClellan

Paul McClellan - Jul 3, 2012 5:54 pm Date Climbed: Jul 1, 2012

Early Summer Hike  Sucess!

Started just north of Stergen Meadows at the head of Arizona Creek. Hiked a road, then climbed open country from Ten Cent Meadow up through a notch. Traversed north around the west side of the ridge line to the summit block. Climbed a short third class pitch to reach the top of the block. Cumulus clouds and a breeze kept the temperature pleasant. Descended further west to avoid the exposed third class descent.

cjwhat

cjwhat - May 27, 2012 1:57 pm Date Climbed: May 20, 2012

Stonehouse Route  Sucess!

Heidi and I started from Stonehouse Creek at 0900, but went up ridge on right instead of left. Knowledge gained is that ravine is crossable to left ridge at 7,000 ft. Reached summit at 1:30 and were joined by Bighorn ewe and lamb. Use care at 2nd stream crossing as there is a big rock you could get high-centered on.

Troy B

Troy B - May 14, 2011 12:08 am Date Climbed: May 13, 2011

A Gem of a Peak  Sucess!

Camped above Ten Cent Meadow and made an early morning ascent. Very cool peak and the views were amazing!

calebEOC

calebEOC - Apr 7, 2009 1:25 am Date Climbed: Apr 4, 2009

Great early spring peak  Sucess!

Great time of year to be in the high desert. Found one of the ten junipers in the Pueblos on this route, its kind of amusing that such a common tree could be so rare in this area.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'West Pueblo Ridge' main page