West Ridge (Lake Sylvia) Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Scott Fulton

Scott Fulton - Sep 26, 2022 11:52 am Date Climbed: Sep 25, 2022

Long day  Sucess!

I hiked this in about 11.5 hours car to car. I was not expecting it to take that long. The section above Lake Sylvia is brutal. I took a few falls that easily could have been quite serious. Lots of mini-talus on top of scree.

SuperChthonic

SuperChthonic - May 5, 2018 10:31 pm Date Climbed: Jun 15, 2013

Longish but gorgeous   Sucess!

Just the views of Desolation would make this more than worth it. Do it.

WayneFry

WayneFry - Jan 24, 2012 5:38 pm Date Climbed: May 8, 2010

West Ridge from Rocky Creek  Sucess!

Came in from Rocky creek with SMG and climbed the West Ridge with the intent of climbing the NW Couloir. Traversed over to the Couloir to take a look but ended up reaching summit using another route. Beautiful day and some great views.

Marmaduke

Marmaduke - Jul 24, 2010 2:43 pm Date Climbed: Jul 23, 2010

Steep Class 2  Sucess!

If I went up the correct notch to reach the West Ridge, that is pretty steep. From Lyons Lake Trailhead (car) to summit was 3 hrs 45 min. Summit back to car, 2 1/2 hours. Great climb, bit of a test without taking any rest stops.

Darren9

Darren9 - May 9, 2010 10:01 pm Date Climbed: May 8, 2010

SMG from Rocky Creek  Sucess!

Sierra Mountaineering Group climbed this route from Rocky Creek, traversing around the south and west sides of the peak. The view from the northwestern spur of the west ridge was spectacular. There was still a 10 foot tall vertical cornice at the top of the northwest facing gully on the north side. 40mph winds made it an exciting day.

JasonH

JasonH - Jun 23, 2009 11:53 am Date Climbed: Jun 22, 2009

Brutal  Sucess!

My buddy PJ and I left the trailhead around 8:30, and we made it to Lake Sylvia around 10:30. We were on the summit around 1:00 and we stayed for about an hour. The trip down was brutal, I fell on my bum to many times to count. We made it to the car around 5:00. All and all a great day.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'West Ridge (Lake Sylvia)' main page