Viewing: 1-12 of 12
mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - May 21, 2005 9:10 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Already a nice page, just fix your space! Hehe!:) Have a good one Steve!

-Britt

Steve Larson

Steve Larson - May 22, 2005 12:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

It should be fixed now.

wildstar

wildstar - May 21, 2005 2:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looks good, keep going.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - May 22, 2005 3:33 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good job on the route photos and the route table! white spaces occur becaues of the linefeeds in your original source code of the table.



Either try using pure html or delete the linefeeds using the replace command in MS-Word (for instance) There replace ^p with nothing. That's what I do when posting tables to my pages.

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - May 22, 2005 9:05 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Outstanding! Lots of good info here. I like your tables.



rhyang

rhyang - May 22, 2005 4:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looks like a good place to crag !

Misha

Misha - May 22, 2005 5:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page, Steve! I need to check it out when I come down south

rgreene

rgreene - May 30, 2005 4:42 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice job, what a lot of work you've done to organize it!

Steve Larson

Steve Larson - Jun 1, 2005 2:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the compliment. It was a bit of a chore, but worth it, I think.

Dragger

Dragger - Jun 9, 2005 4:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent work, Steve. I haven't climbed at Williamson Rock in ages but I specifically remember the route "Being There" (5.7) as one of my earlier first leads. Awesome! What a thrill.

Corax

Corax - Jun 15, 2005 3:21 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

What a nice page!

Great charts and "route-photos".



Seahorse

Seahorse - Dec 29, 2007 2:15 am - Hasn't voted

News Release


USDA Forest Service
Angeles National Forest


Date: December 21, 2007 701 N. Santa Anita Avenue

ANF-05-08 Arcadia, CA 91006

www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles

FOR RELEASE UPON RECEIPT

Contact: Kathy Peterson

(626) 574-5208

Endangered Species Closure Continues

ARCADIA, Calif. – In order to protect critical habitat of the mountain yellow-legged frog, the U.S. Forest Service will extend the Williamson Rock temporary closure until December 31, 2008. This is an ongoing closure which limits access to approximately 1,000 acres in the area north of the Angeles Crest Highway (SR 2) in the vicinity of Cooper Canyon and has been in place since December 2005. The new forest order becomes effective Tuesday, January 1, 2008.

This effort allows the U.S. Forest Service to follow the guidelines for protecting the habitat of the mountain yellow-legged frog, an endangered species. Specifically, a Biological Assessment was undertaken to analyze the effects of human activities (including recreation) within the area which was designated as critical habitat by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service per the Endangered Species Act. Currently the U.S. Forest Service is in consultation with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to develop mitigation measures.

The portion of the Pacific Crest Trail which lies within the impacted area allows hikers to take a detour around the area by departing the trail (northbound) at Eagles Roost and taking the highway to Cloudburst Summit, a distance of 4.5 miles.

The Angeles National Forest is located northeast of Los Angeles. It is approximately 655,000 acres in size and includes the San Gabriel Mountains.

For more information, please contact District Ranger John Capell, at (661) 296-9710 or visit the Angeles National Forest Website at www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles.

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Williamson Rock' main page