Viewing: 1-9 of 9
harbor

harbor - Mar 8, 2014 9:46 am - Voted 10/10

Awesome!

Nice job. Especially for the kids. I agree more families should get up to the mountains in the winter.

Scott

Scott - Mar 10, 2014 7:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome!

Thanks for the comment. It is good family time for sure.

silversummit

silversummit - Mar 8, 2014 3:44 pm - Hasn't voted

So what did you forget requiring those extra miles?

Interesting reading and I like that it was family outing in a beautiful place.

Scott

Scott - Mar 10, 2014 6:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: So what did you forget requiring those extra miles?

I was too embarrassed to admit it in the report, but it was my heavy down coat. I started with a jacket since I was going to be doing some strenuous trailbreaking and then when it got colder, I found out I had left my coat on the seat of the car. I don't know how I spaced that one, especially in February.

silversummit

silversummit - Mar 11, 2014 8:29 am - Hasn't voted

Re: So what did you forget requiring those extra miles?

I figured it was something like that :)

Don't be too hard on yourself though. Once my son went winter camping with the Scouts and forgot his too! I had to drive back and get it. His excuse was: "Well, it was warm in the car and I didn't need it." And then there's the Scoutmaster's son who forgot his sleeping bag and had to sleep in the unheated restroom with a thin car blanket!

Thanks for sharing your story!

alpineair - Mar 10, 2014 8:30 pm - Voted 9/10

Nice report!

Great to see another trip with the whole family. Way to get out there!

ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Mar 12, 2014 4:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Happy day

It is a happy day indeed when your kids start breaking trail for you. I don't remember how long it's been for me, but it's been great!

Scott

Scott - Mar 17, 2014 2:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Happy day

Indeed. It's also nice when they carry more stuff! The parent's packs are getting lighter as time goes on.

billdawg

billdawg - Jul 29, 2014 4:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice

My oldest son adn I did Boreas Pass several years ago in the winter and stayed next door at Kens Cabin. My wife and I just did Mt Bald last week for a nice summer day.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Winter Mountaineering Around Boreas Pass' main page