Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Dean

Dean - Nov 13, 2005 7:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Trip Report Comment

Doggone it Dennis, you made this one sound too good to be true. Now all kinds of people are going to want to do this piece of cake hike That was really a good write up though and I give it 5 stars. You don't need pictures with this trip report because you painted them so well with words.



One thing though, I can't believe you said "Next time when I......." A next time? are you nuts? Hmmmm, it would be fun though with a D-9 Cat, which is the proper county highpointer vehicle of choice for this highly sought after California vacation spot.

Dennis Poulin

Dennis Poulin - Nov 15, 2005 11:02 am - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

I didn't feel so tough after going to the doctor to get a perscription for the poison oak.

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Nov 20, 2005 12:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Wow - you guys are true animals! Excellent report, Dennis. I'm looking forward to doing this baby but I'll be stopping on the way to pick up an economy sized bottle of Tecnu (for the poison oak - you apply the stuff after exposure and it really does work)



- Don

Peter Maurer

Peter Maurer - Dec 27, 2005 5:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

So now I know what happened to "The Oregonian"! My hiking buddy and I bagged Little Blue that same day, and all we saw of Dennis was his vehicle with Oregon plates and a few footprints ahead of us. We did the Milktoast highway, both up and back, and couldn't figure out how we would have missed you, at least coming or going in one direction. The route, whichever way you take it is hellish (see my trip report on the COHP website.) But the mystery of the man from Oregon has now been solved. p.s. No bear in the creek, but the way we went, I'm not sure even a bear could have penetrated that brush!

Dennis Poulin

Dennis Poulin - Dec 28, 2005 12:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

I saw your truck parked at the trailhead and wondered how I could have missed you. I made several bad decisions that day. A true learning experience for sure. I should have stayed in the creek and fought it out there. At least there was water.

SFMountaineer

SFMountaineer - Nov 30, 2007 10:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Hmm...

I think I'll save this CCHP for last!

Dennis Poulin

Dennis Poulin - Dec 1, 2007 12:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hmm...

There are a lot of great hikes in California. This isn't one of them....

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Yolo &#%*@ hike?' main page