Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Rybakov

Rybakov - Nov 2, 2005 12:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Excellent!!!

Finally!

REAL information about this mountain.

See my comments on the old page about the peak which mysteriously changed name now.

http://www.summitpost.org/cgi-bin/vote_message_display.pl?mountain_id=2251

It has changed name to "Purog Kangri", which is a peak located in a completely different area of Tibet. That page should be put in the garbage bin. Tell the Summitpost caretakers to do so.

The submitter does not know what he is talking about.

Two things Waltraud.

The highest peak in the range is not as high as you claim. It is 6450, give or take 20 meters. Trust me on this one.

Many of the peaks were climbed in 1992 by Li, Chen, Lakpa, Ngakebu and some other members if the TMT.

See reference: http://www.tibetinfor.com/en/services/peakzone/mountaineer/c/c.htm

Some time back some foreign scientists climbed in the area. But that is another story.

It is a very interesting area.

It is almost impossible to get permits to the area.

waltraud

waltraud - Nov 3, 2005 5:46 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hello,

thank you very much for your comments. I had realized that the 'Zanzber Kangri' page had disappeared, therefore I took some initative to put up some info about this area.

I am aware of the activities of the Tibetan Mountaineering Team regarding Zangser Kangri back in 1992, but unfortunately I don't have of any details there other than the weblink you posted (and there are others sites with that same info).

viewfinder - Nov 10, 2005 2:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Congratulations on taking over ZK and giving it a much more accurate elevation.



Perhaps I am being trivial, but fwiw, I think the elevation Rybakov gave you is a bit too low. As far as I can see he does not supply evidence and it conflicts with 3" SRTM cells rising to a maximum of 6501m on ZK and implying a summit elevation of about 6530m. Based on my general analysis of SRTM I would be surprised if SRTM were that far out. Note also the 6551m GPS reading obtained by Simmerer and Kauper. Anyway it's sure nowhere near the 6900m claimed before and unfortunately still claimed among the misinformation on the summitpost page for nearby Purog Kangri.

Rybakov

Rybakov - Mar 5, 2006 2:03 am - Hasn't voted

summit height

viewfinder i now realized i have made a mistake when i was writing the message. the 5 and the 4 should change places. 6540 meters, not 6450 meters.

Carl Valter - Nov 13, 2005 5:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Stefan Simmerer and Frank Kauper made a good trip when Chang Tang crossing. Good page.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Zangser Kangri' main page