2009 Zion National Park

2009 Zion National Park

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Nov 30, 0000

Observation Point

Zion National ParkFrom the top of the observation point
The Observation Point Trail involves the full maximum elevation, from the bottom of the canyon to the top at 2148 ft. This trail is mostly in the sun with changing temperatures, rising elevation and with a strong wind in some areas. Beautiful views everywhere on this hike. Nice man-made sidewalk like trail 8 miles long round trip.




Zion National ParkPath to Observation point

Angel's landing

Angels Landing Zion National ParkCalifornia Condor
Zion National Park
The trail is mostly in the sun, unless you are hiking early in the morning. The last portion of the trail involves hiking along chains. Spectacular views on all the sides. This is the most visited trail in Zion Park. An early morning start or beginning of the season is recommended to stay away from the crowds.

Hidden Canyon

Zion National ParkView from the hike to the Hidden Canyon
Zion National Parksnow!
This day, first week in April, we had 20°C - 68°F and more heat during the day. Again gorgeous views. In the upper portion of this canyon the temperature was chilly with snow on the ground even at noon. Some portions in the middle of this hike are narrow with chains.

Subway

Zion National ParkThe hike to the Subway (technical slot canyon) is mostly along and across the river
Zion National Park
With a late start on this hike we had to cross the river several times. Spare shoes or water shoes are a good idea on this hike. We did not make it to the subway. The river had a strong current and walking in bare feet in the freezing cold water and taking shoes off and on was time consuming. It's beside the point at the end of our hike, I slipped on the rock while bouldering and fell into the water. Not only my camera, even my hair got wet. The camera survived. Hopefully one day, I will make it back to eventually see the Subway.

Kolob Canyons

Kolob Canyons

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
EricChu

EricChu - Mar 25, 2010 5:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Great album!

I'm really impressed by these pictures!
Cheers,
Eric

ArankaP

ArankaP - Mar 25, 2010 5:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great album!

I had a great time. Weather was also nice "in April".

Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.