User Profile Image

User Profile Image

7Summiter
on Oct 29, 2009 1:57 pm
Image ID: 568609

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
7Summiter

7Summiter - Oct 29, 2009 3:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice shot

Hey thanks. I'm just starting to post the pictures and the info. Hopefully later on the pics will be more breathtaking and the info more respectable. Your pics and resume is very impressive. Great Stuff. Are you going to climb any mountains in the near future ?

7Summiter

7Summiter - Oct 30, 2009 3:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice shot

Hey, Is there a place online I can sign up for that course in lake Placid ? Yea daughter is 2 and she is really a hand full.

7Summiter

7Summiter - Nov 2, 2009 11:20 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice shot

Hey, thanks for the link, this looks great, I think I'm gonna go through this program and 2/26-2/28 sounds great for me. Which place are you planning Lake Placid or North Conway ? If I know I'm going to climb the Mt. Washington in the end I'm deffinitely going. And the cost for the program is awesome. Do you already know where you are going to stay all those 2 nights ? As I understood you won't be staying in a tent right ? So do you know which hotel you are gonna stay ? Are you already registered for this ?
I'll register by the end of this year and hopefully there will still be a space available for me. Thanks again.
I'll be glad to climb with you.
Vardan

P.S. Yes girls are for dadies :) My girls is 2, hoping someday I'll take her with me to the high altitude.

7Summiter

7Summiter - Oct 30, 2009 3:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Welcome to Sp!

I am Armenian myself so I have an easy access to the mountain. There was an expedition with about 10 climbers, but only 4 were able to actually continue towards the mountain, the rest were too tired at the basecamp. 3 climbers and 1 instructor (guide) started to go. Only myself and the guid made it to the top. One got stock about 100 meters from the summit and the other (an athlete) didn't even make it to the bottom of the mountain from the base camp because he went to sleep very late (women).
7 Summits is difficult and expensive I know, but I'm really determined. Money is no problem, the only task is the readiness.
Which ones from the 7 did you make ?

7Summiter

7Summiter - Nov 2, 2009 10:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Welcome to Sp!

Hi, Wow what happened on Everest though ? The weather conditions made you go down ?
I'm planning on a few small expeditions in US next year like Mt. Washington, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Whitney, and then Mt. Aconcague in Winter of 2010, then
Mt.McKiney in May or June of 2011. This is pretty much my schedule for the next couple of years. Denaly would probably be a great one for you. It's almost 7000m and is the coldest mountain in the world, and one of the 7s. Which mountain do you want to go next ? And when ? Let me know we might go together. By any chance are you Russian ?
The reason I'm asking is because I have 10 years of Russian education in Armenia and I know it fluently.
Take care
Vardan

7Summiter

7Summiter - Nov 3, 2009 12:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Welcome to Sp!

Hi Boris, you are one of the best climbers I've talked to. My uncle used to be very good, he climbed Denali about 5-6 years ago but wife and family stopped his climbing career.
You have so many solos, how do you do the logistics and how do you plan these things ?
That's amazing.
What I'm trying to do is actually take a video camera, and start going to 7 Summits and record approximately 5 minutes of climbing per hour. So it should be about 40 minutes per day and about 10 hours per mountain like Aconcagua or Denali. Then put that video on a DVD disk, write a book about the climbs and include 7-10 DVD disks in the book. There is nothing like that out there so far and I know people would buy it because it shows how to climb each one of these mountains in real life. There are DVDs out there but they don't really show how to climb these mountain and the techniques.
Since you are experienced in solo climbing which cuts cost a lot and we can do lots of them in a year, how about we do Aconcagua in January, or February of 2011 and I'll record me and you getting there, then we can do Denali that summer and everything else after that together ?
I'm sure we can do all 7 of them. What do you think ?
We'll split the gold in the end :)

By the way my favorite climber is Jerzy Kukuchzka (Polish). If he had money and support like Messner did he would have been alive and he would have been the first to climb all the 8 thousands, but unfortunately Poland was not a very good place back then and he had no money, his story is very amazing.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6