Viewing: 1-3 of 3
vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Jul 4, 2007 2:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice report

Having just come off Mt Shasta, I sympathise with you re the crowds. Nothing you can do about this on popular routes, however.

Loved the references to dinner and breakfast. Nothing like that over here mate. You carry them and, most often, your home on your back or you starve/freeze. THEN add your gear. I'm not sure if I'd trade the conveniences of European climbing for the crowds however.

Nevertheless, super report on a classic route and a great achievement. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

J Fox

J Fox - Jul 4, 2007 3:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice report

Thanks for the kind comments. Yeh, I'm getting too used to European climbing. I need to move back to the US soon and get back to the Sierras. I did Shasta back in '99 and had to put up with the crowds there too, along with the long approach. I'm actually off on an 8 day trip to the Palisades in a few weeks time and am already groaning thinking about how much heavier my pack will be there, no 20lb pack there ;)

Andino

Andino - Jul 6, 2007 6:28 am - Voted 10/10

Congratulations !

Great report, we feel like being with you ! ;o)
Another mountain you could think about is La Meije.
It was the last big mountain in the Alps to be conquered, in the late 19th century.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'A mountaineers dream...' main page