Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Dean

Dean - Sep 14, 2009 9:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Great report

Gee, that story about the scouts had a familiar ring. I'll have to share my stories some time but I like the way you put the two events back to back in your storytelling. Dayhiking Kings is a nice accomplishment and you truly deserved a great big huge hamburger on the way home.

JDrake

JDrake - Sep 15, 2009 12:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great report

Thanks Dean, I look forward to hearing those stories.

imontop

imontop - Sep 15, 2009 12:15 am - Voted 10/10

Nice report

Again, you're style of writing is great. And, I agree with Dean; you put them both together in a very enjoyable way. Yep, you never know what you're going to get when you take those boys out of their elements for a few days. My trip with my scouts back in 2007 was successful. We got everyone one the summit except two. But, I can say yours was successful too, becuase of the way you let them decide. Way to go man!

JDrake

JDrake - Sep 15, 2009 12:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice report

Thanks. Congrats on getting the bulk of your 2007 group to the summit - not easy to do as I now realize. Perhaps there's room in the budget for sherpas next year...

imontop

imontop - Sep 15, 2009 9:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice report

Good luck with that! Budget?

Scott Wesemann

Scott Wesemann - Sep 28, 2009 6:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice report

and great pics.

JDrake

JDrake - Sep 29, 2009 3:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice report

Thanks Scott.

Ryan Borzea

Ryan Borzea - Aug 2, 2012 8:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Story's!

I really enjoyed reading these 2 stories, and again, nice job incorporating the two together. Hiked it once last year with my son, getting ready to take my son and wife up there next week! Reading this got me more stoked to get the trip underway. Thanks for sharing!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'A Tale of Two Kings: "Failure" and "Success" in the Uintas' main page