Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Alpinist

Alpinist - Feb 11, 2006 1:43 am - Voted 9/10

Trip Report Comment

Marie, congrats on reaching the summit, and in only 8 days! You made an interesting decision to climb so quickly, afraid that your strength would diminish the more time you stayed on the mountain rather than trying to acclimatize longer to build up your strength. This is contrary to what most people do. I'm glad it worked for you.

Zzyzx - Feb 10, 2007 3:20 am - Hasn't voted

Conratulations on your summit!

Is it typical for climbers on Aconcagua to move to higher camps so fast? My experience on altitude above 14K' is limited to one trip to Denali, but the recommended ascent rate over there is about 1000'/day. You also start at only 7200', so that makes it easier. I'm just curious, in case some day I decide to go to Aconcagua.
Thanks for the trip report!

Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco - Jul 25, 2009 5:51 am - Hasn't voted

Nice!

Very concise and gives everything one needs to know about the climb. Congrats - you got it done even quicker than I did! Always wondered what it would be like to do it from the "other side."

andret

andret - Feb 11, 2010 3:22 am - Hasn't voted

Comment

"Then it became apparent that Joe had to descend; he caught a case of Pulmonary Edema and had a chance to fly out in the helicopter, even though he wasn’t very happy about descending in that fashion."

I would say 8 days might be a bit quick for most people.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Aconcagua via Normal Route' main page