Akhlamad valley

Page Type Page Type: Area/Range
Location Lat/Lon: 36.64198°N / 58.95813°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Trad Climbing, Sport Climbing, Toprope, Bouldering, Ice Climbing, Aid Climbing, Big Wall
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 3281 ft / 1000 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Akhlamad is a village in the province of Khorasan Razavi in northeastern of Iran. It is located 60km west of Mashhad, the capital of the province. Akhlamad is known for its waterfalls which is a popular tourist excursion and also for its high walls which is one of the best climbing sites in Iran .

There are many routes of sport climbing , trad climbing , aid climbing , bouldering and big walls (up to 250 m.). The routes' grade is different from 5.9 up to 5.13 .

Hiking through the valley for seeing beautiful waterfalls is take about 2 hours .

Some waterfalls in winter are suitable for ice climbing (up to 40 m.).

My album about ice climbing in Akhlamad

Getting There

There is a main road from Mashhad city to Chenaran city and Akhlamad village . It's possible to ren a mini bus or car from Mashhad to there .

Red Tape

There is no red tape except camping or entering inside gardens !

External Links

Oaj Mountain Climbing Club
climbing.ir

Camping

You can camp every where except inside gardens ! . You can use the shelter and should pay Rls 10000 every night per person . You can also rent a village's home .

Topo & Pic of Routes

coming soon !

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.