Ancient Lakes April 17th, 2010

Ancient Lakes April 17th, 2010

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

Ancient Lakes, WA. 4/17/10 - 4/18/10

What an amazing and beautiful area. I took my 4 year old son and 5 year old daughter on this 2.5 mile hike into Ancient Lakes. This is located in Eastern Washington just southwest of Quincy. It is in the Quincy Wildlife Recreation Area. This marked their first overnight camping trip. The weather was amazing (upper 70's) for us which added to the enjoyment. The area served to accommodate lots of hiking, rock scrambling and climbing potential. We experienced songbirds, wildflowers, sunfish, sagebrush, rattlesnakes, lakes, waterfalls in the desert, rocks, cliffs, boulders, talus, stars, moon, grasses, laughter, campfires, sweat, blood, couple tears, thorns and all those sort of things. Most important we made memories that will last a lifetime.

My 4 year old son looked at me in the evening when the brilliant sun was just going down below the coulee and said, "daddy, why can't we live here?" If you have kids or know any kids, take them into the wild. They will be forever changed and grateful that you did. I spent a lot of time in the outdoors as a kid and I have fond memories.

Ancient LakesAn Ancient Lake, Rocks, Waterfall and Brilliant Greens
Ancient LakesMagnificent Arrowleaf Balsamroot

Ancient LakesRefreshing Waterfall
BitterrootBeautiful Bitterroot
Ancient LakesKid's Headlamps, Tent, Moon, Reflecting Lakes and Campfire.
Ancient LakesGlimpse of an Ancient Lake
Ancient LakesView from up high, you can see the faint trail below.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
EricChu

EricChu - Apr 21, 2010 9:36 am - Voted 10/10

Very nice album!

The photos you posted are gorgeous!

beaudaddy85

beaudaddy85 - Apr 22, 2010 12:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Hey

Thanks Eric!!! It was a blast and equally beautiful...

Viewing: 1-2 of 2