Angels Landing Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-20 of 306

ctown - Mar 27, 2023 7:02 pm Date Climbed: Aug 14, 2022

Angels Landing  Sucess!

Incredible summit! By far my favorite hike ever! You just can't beat the views.

Farmer

Farmer - Aug 17, 2022 12:03 am Date Climbed: Aug 1, 2022

Angels Landing Trail  Sucess!

With my two oldest kids. Nice hike, easy going with al the cables. Great views over the impressive amazing valley!

MooTheCow

MooTheCow - Jun 3, 2022 12:54 pm Date Climbed: Jun 1, 2019

Late afternoon run  Sucess!

Came late in the afternoon to avoid most of the crowds. Started hiking at 5:36 PM and managed to get back down without needing a headlamp (spent around 20 minutes at the top), but I ran most of the way.

Bryan W

Bryan W - Jan 19, 2021 7:14 pm Date Climbed: Jan 17, 2021

Extra Miles  Sucess!

Drove in from Vegas the same morning. I didn't realize that NV and UT were on different time zones, so we were about an hour late for getting a parking spot near the Grotto. By that time the rangers had the road closed where the turn is to head up towards the Lodge. I ended up parking on the north side of the museum, which added a 4.1 mile hike up the road to the Grotto trailhead. Once there, it was a nice hike to the top of Scout's Lookout. From there the chains start and the hiking is fun and slightly challenging. I'm not really the greatest with heights, but I am kind of a mountain goat when on rocks, so I felt completely comfortable. That said, I didn't find anything sketchy about the whole route along the chains. Of course there were a few spots where you had to take a little more care, but nothing at all that should raise your heart rate other than the effort to keep moving vertically. I'd actually say the only spot that was even a little sketchy was the first 50-100' when you start on the chains. Other than that, on the catwalk there was one spot where the drop off was right below you, but you had the chains to hold onto and a solid, yet narrow, path to walk on. Great views from the top, a very slight breeze, sunny, and about 60 degrees, it was hard to believe it was mid-January. The only con to this trail was the lower section that is basically paved concrete trail all the way to the chain section. Certainly not ideal at all. Ran into a very nice couple that we had pretty much hiked up with from the river. Turned out they were staying at the Lodge and offered us a ride down. After 11+ miles of hiking, we were grateful not to have to hike another 3.6 miles down the road. Thank you kind folks.

JessDoesThings

JessDoesThings - Aug 23, 2020 2:32 pm Date Climbed: Sep 28, 2016

Angels Landing 2016  Sucess!

Lines weren't anything like they are now the year I completed it. There was lots of people but nothing horrible. Definitely some sketchy areas with the amount of people on the trail.

xDoogiex

xDoogiex - May 28, 2020 11:57 am Date Climbed: Oct 21, 2017

Fun  Sucess!

Fun. Didn't find it scary and I was bored waiting for lines of people to come down

tudge

tudge - Oct 28, 2019 6:42 am

Thwarted by Summer Storm

Hiked up with my buddy Weindling. Nearly to the top when a storm rolled in. Decided to save the summit for a safer window.

JesseSumrak

JesseSumrak - Aug 11, 2019 5:37 pm Date Climbed: Aug 10, 2016

Scary  Sucess!

Did this with my wife on a hot hot summer day. Super crowded trail but beautiful views and nice and shaded in the morning. I was scared out of my mind when we started hitting the exposure, as this was my first hike with that sort of height and drops. Scared me out of my mind...but did it and so worth it. I was happy to mark it off my list, but I don't know if I want to take my kids on this one haha.

browny11

browny11 - May 15, 2019 2:05 am

Awesome hike!

Great hike and views.

larch32

larch32 - Jun 7, 2018 9:18 am Date Climbed: Nov 5, 2014

Fun  Sucess!

Super nice hike!

Xander Culver - May 30, 2018 10:50 pm Date Climbed: Mar 30, 2018

Great sunset hike.  Sucess!

Awesome hike up for sunset. We had some solitude and enjoyed the summit once it got dark. The hike down in the dark was fun.

Super Dave

Super Dave - May 28, 2018 11:28 am Date Climbed: Apr 22, 2018

West Rim Trail Grand Finale  Sucess!

Hiked the West Rim Trail down from Lava Point. Angel’s Landing was the grand finale of a fantastic day. Loved the exposure and summit views. Trip Report

MikeLJ

MikeLJ - May 24, 2018 1:30 pm

Fantastic  Sucess!

Fantastic, snowy and sunny day

imontop

imontop - May 19, 2018 7:15 am Date Climbed: Mar 2, 2018

Awesome!  Sucess!

Incredible!

wilderleavitt

wilderleavitt - Jan 29, 2018 8:51 am Date Climbed: Jun 1, 1992

Fourth Summit of Angels  Sucess!

Taking the family to the top of this classic climb. Awesome views.

wilderleavitt

wilderleavitt - Jan 28, 2018 6:03 pm Date Climbed: Jun 1, 1989

First Summit of Angels

Amazing switchbacks and cable guided climb to the summit. First time using a cable anchored to the wall to make an ascent.

wilderleavitt

wilderleavitt - Jan 28, 2018 6:00 pm Date Climbed: Apr 1, 1992

Third Summit of Angels

Excellent ascent with beautiful views and perfect weather.

wilderleavitt

wilderleavitt - Jan 28, 2018 5:58 pm Date Climbed: Jun 1, 1991

Second Summit of Angels  Sucess!

Love using a cable anchored to the wall to make an ascent.

Scott

Scott - Jan 2, 2018 10:25 pm Date Climbed: Jan 1, 2018

Angels Landing  Sucess!

January 1 2018

Today Kimberly, Kessler, Shaylee, and I climbed Angels Landing in Zion National Park. It was a perfect day and the temperature was perfect. As always, the climb was very scenic. It was a great way to start off the New Year!

November 3 1990

On this day I climbed it with the Skyline High School Alpine Club.

alynch - Nov 16, 2017 11:58 am Date Climbed: Apr 18, 2016

Stunning  Sucess!

Hiked the trail to the summit on my birthday. Pretty alright way to spend it. Loved every second of the exposure and experience.

Viewing: 1-20 of 306
Return to 'Angels Landing' main page