Annotated photos of the Himalaya, Karakorum, and sub-ranges

Annotated photos of the Himalaya, Karakorum, and sub-ranges

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Informational

Annotated pics of the Himalaya, Karakorum, and sub-rangess

I am fascinated with the Himalaya/Karakorum... and it gets worse! When I see a wide-field-of-view-photo of these amazing mountains, I am consumed with curiosity about all the peaks that can be seen!

In keeping with my passion, I see this album as a place where one can visit to learn more about the overall structure of the mighty peaks of Asia, enjoy the staggering beauty of the highest peaks on the planet, and perhaps learn something about the vast seas of huge peaks often visible there!

Corrections are welcome - please note that I am still working out how to include them. Some of my more involved annotated pics would need to be re-done from scratch, which isn't an option. OTOH - I do feel it's important to make sure that all annotations are as accurate as possible. I'm open to suggestions on this.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please obey SP posting rules when adding pictures to this album.

Of course, the SP rules of posting are in effect here.

1) If you are adding your own SP pic, go for it!

2) If you plan on annotating and then adding another SP member's pic, please make sure you have the owners permission before you do so.

Enjoy...

Big Lew

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
PanamaRed

PanamaRed - Oct 6, 2012 11:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Great page!

These are some of the best pictures on summitpost! Excellent work!

lsheen

lsheen - Oct 7, 2012 12:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great page!

Thanks, Red. Glad you enjoy them!

Peace,

Big Lew

Viewing: 1-2 of 2