Viewing: 1-6 of 6
BobSmith

BobSmith - Mar 14, 2008 7:13 am - Voted 10/10

Nice

What a thoroughly beautiful place!

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Mar 14, 2008 8:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice

Thanks for the compliment!
dn

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Mar 16, 2008 8:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Bout time

Drove past this this morning and wondered when you would put this up. Apparently, you out-thought me by a few days. Thanks!

What kind of elevation gain are we talking on this one?

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Mar 16, 2008 11:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Hi Brian

So, you were about to post this one? I guess I'd better get busy and finish off all the essays I've put together these last several years! Between you and me, the gorge is just about taken care of. I've only got Prindle and Birkenfeld in the hopper. We should compare notes!
Don

YEM

YEM - Mar 18, 2008 1:46 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks Don

More to explore.

easyrider214

easyrider214 - Oct 5, 2010 1:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Looks like a hidden treasure

I've found a very small number of postings placed by folks who have done this hike. Looks fascinating and it appeals to my desire to go where very few people have been, especially where Archer is so close to Portland.

I just got a DeLorme PN-60 GPS and haven't figured out how to use it yet. But there seems to be nothing in the TOPO9 maps that show any points of interest (Like ArcherFalls). Wondering if there is a way to import the map you made into my GPS somehow.

I did walk around the Southern end last week, mostly just to get the lay of the land. I thought Fletcher Flat looked interesting but saw no obvious access to the top except fr a lot of rock climbing behind the brick wall.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Archer Mountain' main page