Viewing: 1-13 of 13
toc

toc - Aug 21, 2008 4:45 pm - Hasn't voted

This looks promising

...take your time 8-)

FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Aug 21, 2008 8:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Great text

just add some photos and you have an awesome page. Send me a PM when photos are added and you have a 10.

Cheers

peterbud

peterbud - Aug 27, 2008 2:47 am - Voted 10/10

Certainly a big job

putting all of this together, congratulations! Great deal of valuable information you have given. My only remark would be about the low-res photos. If you don't have hi-res ones (some seem to be scanned), that's okay, but if it's possible, it would be nice to have better quality ones.

Cheers, Peter

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Aug 27, 2008 2:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Huge piece of work

You must have spent a long time on this. Congrats on a comprehensive and well written page that's deservedly amongst the "currently featured" front page items.

With so much material to wade through, I wonder if readers might not benefit from some kind of tabular summary at the beginning or end of the article?

visentin

visentin - Aug 28, 2008 3:28 am - Hasn't voted

What a page

Did you live in Albania, or do you have any special connections with this country ? The low-res pictures suggest that most of them were taken with argentic old camera, then that you have long-time acquaintance with the area...
The Albanian mountains, the unknown piece of the Dinaric between Montenegro and Greece, look really gorgeous... Let's hope that this country will continue its progress on the democratic side and get closer to the rest of Europe, as Croatia did and Montenegro is doing.

MegasAlexandros

MegasAlexandros - Aug 28, 2008 4:56 pm - Voted 10/10

Masterful!

Awesome compilation of rare and obscure material. Information about Albania is so scarce so I cannot but admire the effort. You must have spent considerable time there. I only had limited opportunity to explore Albania which in my experience is very difficult without a car. Congratulations once again for a great job!

DrJonnie

DrJonnie - Aug 30, 2008 7:12 am - Voted 10/10

Excellent work

well done on producing an interesting, informative and mouth watering introduction to Albanian mountains.
thanks Johnnie

Mile Bosnjakovski

Mile Bosnjakovski - Sep 4, 2008 7:03 am - Hasn't voted

Nice work

Nice and solid information great input for summit post.

Just one clarification the Korab Summit (Golem Korab) is located in Republic of Macedonia but there is a route from Albanija. However due to the excellent cooperation between both countries there is no problem climbing on Korab from both sides.

FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Sep 4, 2008 9:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Very nice

I enjoyed your report and the tour of Albania. Thanks. I especially liked how you linked the photos to the maps thats a great idea.

JohnEly

JohnEly - Sep 17, 2008 9:48 am - Hasn't voted

Thanks from the web-page scribbler

a note of thanks for the encouraging comments, and also especially the suggestions on improvements and polite corrections. I've tried to incorporate all these suggestions on improvements and corrections into the text.

anima mundi,

John Ely

Hoyaguy - Sep 19, 2008 3:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Awesome!

This is incredibly well-written and the pictures are terrific! I only wish the published guidebooks on the more frequented mountain ranges were this good. I'm salivating at the thought of the many first ascents that will find their way into updated versions of this guide as climbers take advantage of the wealth of information you've provided. Well Done!

yatsek

yatsek - Jan 31, 2009 4:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Overwhelming Effort

Terrific text and interesting pix - thanks for sharing!

Haxhiavdyli

Haxhiavdyli - Mar 31, 2009 5:43 am - Hasn't voted

Beautiful suprise

Dear John you have done a great work and I m a greatfull to you for this beautiful description of albanian mountains .In the name of all albanians i have to thank you.

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Return to 'Albanian or South Dinaric Alps' main page