Viewing: 1-5 of 5
MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Feb 18, 2010 9:39 pm - Voted 10/10

rappel?

vs repel?

The ladder has been replaced by 3rd parties, then removed by BLM this year because the replacers didn't kiss the proper ass.

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Feb 22, 2010 3:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: rappel?

I fixed that, thanks for the catch! Someone was telling me that it was an issue of liability. No one, especially the NPS, wanted to put it up again because they could potentially face suit in the event of an accident on the ladder (which is would get really slippery from the water obviously). I think that I heard that someone was putting up a new ladder in the next few months. Could be a rumor.

Also, you did a duplicate post =)

Marmaduke

Marmaduke - Mar 18, 2010 2:00 am - Voted 10/10

What a great place.

Surprising someone hadn't grabbed this a long time ago. I'm in Vegas in mid April and want to check this out. Can you tell me the total time for the out and back? Route finding sounds easy, is it? Nice photos, good info and truly a place to visit!

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Mar 20, 2010 8:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: What a great place.

Its about 3 hours round trip if you don't hang around too long. It is nice to hang out and explore around the Colorado River and also to chill in the hot springs for awhile. I would say leave half a day for it. Once you get into the actual AZ Hot Springs Canyon its pretty easy. If you wanted, you could make a loop out of it- AZ Hot Springs Canyon, the hot springs, the river and then back up White Rock Canyon. That is what I did the first time there

Marmaduke

Marmaduke - Apr 22, 2010 4:10 am - Voted 10/10

Re: What a great place.

Even though just a walk...well worth it! Because it's not just a walk. What a wonderful place!My wife and I made the walk into the canyon but we followed the trail pretty much straight ahead into the dry wash. Some of the photos on your page we did never saw, so I guess we made some different turns. You mention the repelling, we did see from the dry wash some "bolts" in the side of one of the walls. Maybe that is where some peopel descend? We made it out to the river but made the mistakr of following a French guy (only person on the way out we saw and right before we hit the river) and we missed the hot springs. Got too late of a start and had to catch our plane, we made the R/T in 2 1/2 hours. But had to go. We'll see the hot springs next time!

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Arizona Hot Springs Canyon' main page