Viewing: 1-17 of 17
mvs

mvs - Nov 6, 2008 3:58 pm - Voted 10/10

I appreciate...

your subjective impressions! And the Bitterroot protectors shouldn't feel bad. If people think everything is covered in trees, they'll leave the range in peace :p. But your pictures are great, and those mountains do look plenty beautiful and rugged.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 6, 2008 7:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I appreciate...

Thank you very much for the kind remarks. You actually have given me an idea-- write a scathing report about my favorite mountains so that maybe others will stay away!

Michael Hoyt

Michael Hoyt - Nov 6, 2008 7:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice Report

Bob,

OF COURSE you're welcome back, though next time I hope you arrive with your feet in better shape so we can tackle some truly back-country summits. Ready for some 16-18 miles round trip outings?

Mike

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 6, 2008 7:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Report

I'll be up for them. That Castle Crag certainly looks enticing, as do all those peaks in the Sheafman area you've been sharing with us here recently.

And whether the feet are in better shape or not, I will skip the Chacos unless there's absolutely no bushwhacking. They clearly worsened things on the Soda Springs day; when we did the Camas traverse and my feet were all bandaged and otherwise armored, I was really fine all day long in my boots.

T Sharp

T Sharp - Nov 6, 2008 11:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks Bob;

This is a fun trip report, and your pictures are spectacular!
I am in awe of the Bitterroot Mountains and I truly appreciate the way you have portrayed them in this telling of your time spent here last summer. Perhaps we can get up North Trapper next time around!
Best Regards;
Tim

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 7, 2008 10:11 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks Bob;

Thanks, Tim, and I do really hope we get that chance!

Wastral - Nov 8, 2008 10:07 pm - Voted 5/10

yawn

Um, reminds me why I climb in the North Cascades and not the boring rockies

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 9, 2008 2:08 am - Hasn't voted

Re: yawn

Wow, thanks for the insightful comments. It's always great to hear from empty profiles that contribute nothing to the site. Are you an avatar or just a troll?

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Nov 9, 2008 11:31 am - Voted 10/10

Re: yawn

Uh, yeah, I looked at Wastral's profile to try to see what about his trip reports were so superior to Bob Sihler's and I found...not a single contribution to the SP community in Wastral's profile.

Hey, Wastral. Perhaps you can be a team player and provide Bob some constructive criticism along with your low vote and hauty commentary.

Cheers!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 9, 2008 5:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: yawn

Thank you for the words of support, Sarah. Unless this is a member hiding behind an avatar so he can freely criticize people, we probably have someone who is voting and commenting based on his feelings about the subject rather than the presentation or the information. Those types pop up from time to time...

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Nov 11, 2008 6:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: yawn

Um, a very small, blind voice crying out for help. And attention.

Wastral - Nov 8, 2008 10:07 pm - Voted 5/10

yawn

Um, reminds me why I climb in the North Cascades and not the boring rockies

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 9, 2008 9:06 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Hah!

Will do, and thanks. Actually, the smart thing might be to let others think they're boring anyway; I'm quite content with the empty mountains I usually find out there!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 9, 2008 5:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: the trees

There's a lot out there, and I hope to get back. It's such a huge area that it's almost like its own country.

david  stewart

david stewart - Nov 9, 2008 10:29 pm - Hasn't voted

nice

I live in Idaho near the selway. Have you ever heard of the Selway Craigs? they are in idaho but you might want to take a look

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Nov 10, 2008 7:23 am - Hasn't voted

Re: nice

I have heard of them but have never been able to find much information on them beyond locating them on a map. Do you know a source that has good information on them?

david  stewart

david stewart - Dec 20, 2008 8:18 pm - Hasn't voted

info

Im not sure where you would go to find info on them. You may be able to check with the selway ranger station.

Viewing: 1-17 of 17
Return to 'Back to the Bitterroots' main page