Bald Mountain Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Scott

Scott - Jan 23, 2007 6:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Suggestion

Good page, but perhaps one more thing might be needed in the getting there section. I had to look at the map to see where it is. Something small and simple as stating the mile marker along Highway 14 or stating that the roads to the trailheads are between Chambers Lake and Cameron Pass would give us a heads up and where the peak is located.

joegrim

joegrim - Jan 23, 2007 10:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Suggestion

Thanks for the helpful suggestion, Scott! I'm so used to hiking up there, I didn't think of adding this, so I appreciate your suggestion. I don't know the mile markers, so I stated that the route descriptions start on Hwy 14 between Chambers Lake and Cameron Pass.

deitzel - Oct 7, 2008 10:31 pm - Hasn't voted

nice to see

This is one of my favorite peaks to climb. I have been to the top a few times over the years. Signed the jat at the top of the mountain twice. I think the first time I climbed it was in 1993. I'll have to post some pictures. I always climbed to the top by going to Zimmerman Lake and then just heading through the woods towards the flat top mountain. Usually camp out right at the edge of the treeline on the base of the mountain. Such a cool place. Marmots galore. It's been almots 8 years since I have been able to get back there though. I wonder if the jar is still up top. I think it was started in the 1970's, and not many people had signed it I know that much. Anyone know if it is still there? You just have to dig through the cairn until you find the jar.

joegrim

joegrim - Oct 10, 2008 9:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: nice to see

If you add some pix, I'll be glad to incorporate them into the page. Let me know though if you do, as I only check updates on this peak once every month or so on average. Both times I have been up there have been in the winter so I don't have any summer photos other than the one from Zimmerman Lake. Oh, and I haven't bothered to look for a summit register since I didn't want to take off my mittens for long.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Bald Mountain' main page