Bearpen Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Jow

Jow - May 16, 2020 5:17 pm Date Climbed: May 16, 2020

Today with Vly & Halcott   Sucess!

Bushwhacked up Vly was easy since spring hasn’t sprung yet. Booked it up Bearpen nice views and the trail ran most way down and drove over to tag Halcott as well.

JRaphaelson

JRaphaelson - May 14, 2017 10:59 am Date Climbed: May 13, 2017

Rainy day   Sucess!

Despite the many unwarranted no trespassing signs, we had a lovely hike up the old abandoned snowmobile trails.

technicolorNH

technicolorNH - Jun 22, 2015 10:30 pm Date Climbed: Jun 22, 2015

Very wet trail  Sucess!

Done right after a fifty three minute ascent of Vly. Good views from Bearpen with expansive grassy areas. Only took fifty five minutes to get from the top of Bearpen to the bottom but by then I was soaked through and just ran through the streams running down the snowmobile trail. Once you get to the hunter's cabin you simply follow whichever trail goes up and ignore the trails that remain level.

nefarious_1_

nefarious_1_ - Oct 26, 2013 8:06 pm Date Climbed: Oct 26, 2013

Vly and Bearpen  Sucess!

Decent hike overall. The start of Bearpen is incredibly annoying with all the bushwacking, otherwise a good hike. Vly was short and sweet. The Veiws from Bearpen were quite nice. A bit windy with some snow on the summits.
Climbed Balsam afterwards.

ScAtTeRbOnE

ScAtTeRbOnE - May 23, 2012 4:54 pm Date Climbed: Apr 30, 2012

Nice summit views  Sucess!

Drove up Rt 3 to the pass, quick hikes up to Bearpen/Vly, open forest, decent views from Bearpen. Later on that day climbed Graham & Balsam as well.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Bearpen Mountain' main page