Beautiful Asturias

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.17045°N / 6.09682°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Unnamed Image
va
Asturias is placed in the northern region of spain, close to Galicia, Santander and the Vasque Country. It´s a beautiful place full of mountains, ideal for climbing, like the Naranjo de Bulnes. But also it has beautiful beaches, so you can go climbing - hiking or whatever in the morning and swim in the cantabrico sea in the afternoon. The color of this country is clearly the green, lots of forest, mountains, national parks, lakes, rivers. Pure nature. Also the people and the food ins remarcable. Today i´m going to talk about La Senda del Oso, wich is a easy route ideal to be done in family or in bike. 

Getting There

To get there you have to travel to Spain (Madrid) and then take a plane 45 minutes to Asturias or go by car, bus or train (4 hours aprox.). Then you have to go to Teverga (40 min. by car) and start the route

Route Description

La Senda del Oso is a pedestrian and cyclist track through the councils of Quirós, Santo Adriano, Proaza and Teverga.
These four councils make up the so-called region of Valles Bear, being ensconced in one of the last populations of Cantabrian Brown Bear, one of the three species of brown bear is in Europe.
Runs along an old mining railway track, which makes all the Senda del Oso is of low difficulty and with little slope.
Unnamed Image

It is well signposted and has a strong well conditioned and protected by wooden fences, as well as several areas for rest and recreation with various information panels on the way.
One of the points of interest in running the Senda del Oso is the Fencing Bears.
Unnamed Image



This is an area of ​​mountain of more than four hectares fully fenced with protective fences that allow you to live at home and semilibertad his two protagonists: the bears Paca and Tola.
Through 40 kilometers long that at most make the path of the bear, through several tunnels (lit) and bridges, we will see passing before our eyes almost all of the most striking elements of nature and traditional Asturian culture put our scope.

Unnamed Image



Essential Gear

Sport Clothes, Water, Food.

External Links

Alquiler de Bicicletas Senda del Oso. La Senda del Oso