Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 41.37871°N / 111.98312°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Sep 18, 2018
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Fall
Unnamed ImageUnnamed ImageUnnamed Image
Unnamed Image

Unnamed ImageUnnamed Image

I started at about 3 in the afternoon, and got down at a little after 10 that night. I only saw a few people coming down only a couple miles in, from then on it was just me up there. Obviously I started way too late, but at first I didn't even think I was going to summit. I got to the peak in time to watch the sunset and then walked down in pitch black. I sprinted down honestly because it was scary up there. Bats were flying all around me and I heard owls, so that was pretty cool. I saw two does and a white tailed jackrabbit. It was a long run to the divide from the peak, I wouldn't probably ever go to that late in the day again. Very worth it though, I highly recommend it! I've bagged many peaks and this is still one of my favorites. You can see lone peak, I think broads fork twin peaks, mount Nebo, Idaho, Lehi, Kennecott copper mine and much more.

It took me seven hours, but it would probably take most people longer if you like to take breaks.

I started from North Ogden divide and I've read that it's 18 miles total. This is the only route I've done, no complaints other than it takes forever.

Comments

No comments posted yet.