Page Type Page Type: Area/Range
Location Lat/Lon: 49.79412°N / 6.35902°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Sport Climbing, Toprope
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Berdorf is an area located in eastern part of Luxembourg, so called Little Switzerland, about 7 km from german border. It is a great place for hikes, biking, and especially for rock climbing.

Getting There

When you're in Luxembourg you've to head on Echternach, there are signs leads directly to Berdorf.

Red Tape

If you want to climb in Berdorf it is necessary to get a permit, everybody gets it, I think it is made just for the statistics, you can get it directly on the site of government

External Links

There are few websites about climbing in Berdorf, the best is climbing.lu
but the've got a links to the other sites about climbing in Luxembourg

Camping

There are two campsites in Berdorf and a number of hotels, there is no problem with accomodation.

Climbing Guide

After the reedition of the guidebook, you can buy it on the climbing.lu or in the tourist information in Berdorf for 18 euros.
The best way to get that crag is to leave the car on the parking just outside Berdorf, it's easy to find it, another possibility is to take B2 path ( it's a loop around Berdorf ) and it's about 2 km up to the crag.
Despite of that there are a lot of rocks, only one area named Wanterbaach is permitted to climb, the routes are 5 up to 36 meters high, and are well equiped. The rocks are made of sandstone, so you should take a toothbrush and clean up the magnesium after you finish. Bear in mind that this is protected area so you should behave like in national park.

Hiking

Berdorf is a great place for hikes, although they're not very demanding but in extraordinary sorroundings so it worth to walk with them, all informations you can get in the tourist information, both in Berdorf and in Echternach - its lenght, where it starts and so on....