Viewing: 1-20 of 21
12
Steven Cross

Steven Cross - Oct 4, 2002 3:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Much better! sorry it took me a while to adjust my vote.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Nov 13, 2002 5:06 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

I like the page (quit calling me a Chump though) ;- )

Some suggestions:

-directions

How do you find the EMH in Mt. Shasta? Is it obvious? Never been there.

-Which direction do you take the EMH? N? S? E? W?

-How do you know it's the first big right hand turn until after you make it? Then you've already gone too far? :- )

-Any fees, passes required?

-Camping info?

-Would be better if the websites you listed were working links on the main page.

Let me know if you upgrade and I'll do the same to my vote. Keep the page. All mountains are good. (except for that Dune De Pyla crap)

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Nov 14, 2002 12:27 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Links are fairly easy. There's actually a thread on the Message Board about them right now. Check out the FAQ page and look at Question #8. It shows the format how to do it. Let me know if you have any problems and I'll email you directions how (if I try to show how to do it here, it just makes a link and doesn't show the process). Good luck.

gacland - Nov 13, 2002 6:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Here's a vote for you shredder.

Tear it up dude.

William Marler

William Marler - Nov 14, 2002 7:12 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Here is a vote for ya. Good basic information. Add some hyper links and it would be better ie the weather site Weather

Cheers William

Popoff - Nov 15, 2002 8:50 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page.

Brett A - Dec 9, 2002 9:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page. I didn't think there was a trail to the top.

rpc

rpc - Mar 12, 2003 10:26 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Cool page with some real nice photos (like the main photo on main page)!

blmcclain

blmcclain - Apr 7, 2004 10:16 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Overall a pretty good page shredder. I've made some updates because the initial information was not quite correct. I tried to find the gravel road in the dark and the 2.5 miles past the tracks was not accurate. Also, the trail may be a Class 1 walk-up in the summer, but in April I encountered some serious ice fields with long run-outs. It made me wish I had my ice axe with me because a fall would have sent me down about 500 ft. and into some rather nasty rocks. I'd rate this as on the verge of Class 3 (there was some scrabling that needed some hands).

blmcclain

blmcclain - Apr 19, 2004 12:56 am - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Shredder, thanks for incorporating the changes. The page looks great. You may want to put some of the info in the fig. captions that I uploaded in the "How do I get to this magical place?" section into the main text of that section, your call. Nice work....



Brian

Diggler

Diggler - Sep 15, 2004 9:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote- will start working on the page in a few days (finally got DSL, after employer blocked SP [f$%@!!!]). If you want to grab a beer or get rid of that graffiti next time I head up that way, let me know (I'll email you when I'm in the area)!

wildstar

wildstar - Nov 13, 2004 9:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good info.

JasonH

JasonH - Dec 5, 2006 6:43 am - Voted 10/10

Great Job!

Great job on a overlooked mountain.

Ravicher - Mar 23, 2007 6:34 pm - Voted 1/10

one is generally able to escape the overwhelming hordes of freaks generally encountered on Mt. Shasta or (to a lesser degree) Mt. Eddy.

who are these freaks anyway? Maybe you should have another editor so you don't go putting to much personal bias into nature. I thought your page was fairly decent until I got to that comment. I just ran down the South side of Black Butte yesterday after ascending straight up and over, up and over and up from the North. I enjoyed the happy face and the chipmonk (gave him some apple), at the summit, and then ran down the river of rock that is plainly visible from I-5 as you're heading N. It starts near the top just to the left of the main outcropping and makes a slow lazy S down half the slope. Try escaping yourself next time.

Diggler

Diggler - Mar 24, 2007 4:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: one is generally able to escape the overwhelming hordes of freaks generally encountered on Mt. Shasta or (to a lesser degree) Mt. Eddy.

I offer my greatest apologies for so greatly offending someone with such delicate sensibilities. Perhaps you should go from page to page and offer everyone the sage advice of how "personal bias" is such a negative thing (because it's present on every single page on SP). Perhaps you could actually submit some material of your own & then criticise others' submissions as well.

To analyze your own small imperfections (nobody's perfect), I would suggest from refraining from feeding the wildlife in the future. Here is one of many websites that explains why this is a bad idea:
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/feedingwildlife.asp
Cutting trails is also insensitive & should be avoided- check out this website to learn about this (the 5th bullet) & other things:
http://www.tahoemtnmilers.org/Trails/trailetiquette.htm

As a personal request, in the future please don't bore me with the details of your trivial ascents & comments about "the happy face."

Thanks for the vote.

By the way, regarding your summit entry, it's spelled "boUlder."

Ravicher - Mar 27, 2007 3:24 am - Voted 1/10

I don't cut trails


I go down rock slides
and the apple was organic
I normally don't feed wildlife and have more than enough education about the matter.
I had no idea that I was in the midst of such ignorance, and sorry for my spelling error I had no idea you were so sensitive

Diggler

Diggler - Apr 4, 2007 3:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: I don't cut trails

You sound like a lonely and misunderstood individual. Allow me to buy you a beer or drink of your preference the next time I'm in your neck of the woods. Peace, brother.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - May 2, 2007 12:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Good, informative page

Accurate information. Many thanks.

Diggler

Diggler - May 3, 2007 3:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Good, informative page

Thanks! I hope it was useful.

utahjimk

utahjimk - Jul 6, 2020 6:50 am - Voted 10/10

nice page

yes, TH is hard to get to. We used Siri.
At time we hiked this trail, ~1.5 mile from TH: trail damage. A "gabion basket" section collapsed. There is a warning sign of this at the TH. This is a section of basically chain-link steel basket that hold back the loose rock. No great deterrence though.

Viewing: 1-20 of 21
12
Return to 'Black Butte (CA)' main page