Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 40.84915°N / 112.79665°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information County: Tooele
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6551 ft / 1997 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

I don't know a whole lot about this mountain, other than there is a "road" to the top for access to the radio towers. The mountain is in BLM Public Land. The road is not very good, but I have been up it. It is quite a fun hike if you don't wish to drive. Be weary of ice on the north slopes in the winter. The switch-backs will take several tries if you go in a vehicle.

Getting There

Take the Delle Exit(exit 70)off of I-80, follow the frontage road heading west for about 3.5 miles after you cross the tracks the road forks go right, follow this dirt road the rest of the way around 6.5 miles. This dirt road is in pretty good shape, a car could possible make it, but you'd have better luck with a truck. If it is wet, I would walk or take chains. This is NOT a place you would want to slide off. Nobody would notice.

Red Tape

If you hike on the road, you are on public land. Do not climb or play on the radio towers at the top. I doubt anybody would notice, but you could be arrested for trespassing.

Camping

There are no developed campgrounds, but several pull-off areas used by motocross and sheep herders with trailers. Please check fire-bans before having a campfire.