Blanket Mountain, Monashees

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 50.75830°N / 118.2267°W
Activities Activities: Mountaineering, Scrambling, Skiing
Seasons Season: Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 9216 ft / 2809 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Blanket Mountain from the North. Can ski almost to summit. Ski run down North face can be awesome although some crevass risk. Caribou Ridge in front of Mountain.
Blanket Mountain, Monashees
 


Located 20 km SW of Revelstoke. There is glacier located on the North and West sides of the mountain. Standard route up mountain is ski ascent across the NW glacier to North face. Skiable to within 20 m of summit and then class 3 scramble to top.
The Monashees are prime backcountry ski and Heli-ski terrain as snow fall ranges from 15 to 40 ft per year.

Getting There

Helicopter in and out from Revelstoke during winter to a commercial backcountry cabin. Ski in/out not an option due to steep avalanche terrain.
There are no summer trails.

Red Tape

Provincial lands - only restriction is on motorized vehicles.
Woodland Caribou preservation area.

Accomodation

Only winter accomodation is commercial backcountry cabin.

Looking down on cabin by a small lake.
Blanket Glacier Cabin
 



External Links

Blanket Glacier Chalet


View North from just west of the summit.

Looking North from Blanket Mountain
 


View South from just west of the summit.

Looking South from Blanket Mountain, Monashees
 


Skiing on north side of glacier. Steeper than the wide angle lens makes it look.
Tracks on North slope on Blanket Glacier
 





Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.