Viewing: 21-28 of 28 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

CRiedel2Glad To See a Blue Ridge Page

CRiedel2

I'm a little late on this, but I'm glad to see a page on the Blue Ridge Mountains finally. Nice work!
Posted Dec 27, 2006 5:16 am

Bob SihlerRe: Glad To See a Blue Ridge Page

Bob Sihler

Thank you, and please add any photos, trip reports, mountains, etc. as you wish!
Posted Dec 27, 2006 4:37 pm

TheonestarBeen All Around This World

Theonestar

no junk from the dead only lovely, happy melodies. Actually the song's origins (Been All Around this World) is still not completely certain. Jerry did a fine job in his rendition though.

Good page Bob. You are right-there is something magical about the Blue Ridge. We may not compare to the west, but we have a charm all it's own. I will make my stand there anyday.
Posted Sep 11, 2007 7:25 am

Bob SihlerRe: Been All Around This World

Bob Sihler

I never liked the "Space"-type stuff much, but I love all their folk, blues, and country-based music. It's so American. "Dark Hollow," "Sugaree," "Brown-eyed Woman," and "Brokedown Palace" are also among my favorites. And then "Wharf Rat," "Jack Straw," "I Know You Rider"...

I will add those pages you suggested. Thank you for the feedback and support.
Posted Sep 11, 2007 9:53 am

Sarah SimonReady to visit the Blue Ridge

Sarah Simon

Bob,

Between you and Bob Smith, I'm ready for a trip to the eastern mountains. This page is lovely.

Sarah
Posted Jan 9, 2009 5:54 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Ready to visit the Blue Ridge

Bob Sihler

Thank you, Sarah. The Blue Ridge has its own special charm-- quietly spectacular mixed with the ghosts of a bygone way of life. It doesn't wow the way the Rockies do, of course, though occasionally it comes close, but it gets to you and into you in different ways. If and when we move to the West, all I will miss here will be the waterfall-laced canyons of the Blue Ridge.

If you ever do head out this way, feel free to ask me for suggestions. Maybe we can even get together for a hike or scramble.
Posted Jan 10, 2009 4:09 pm

WoundedKneeNice page, Bob

WoundedKnee

I too often struggle with "West envy," but we have a pretty nice playground in our neck of the woods.
Posted Apr 29, 2010 10:29 am

Bob SihlerRe: Nice page, Bob

Bob Sihler

Thanks-- the Blue Ridge kept me very happy until I "discovered" the West, but it is still a beautiful place. And it beats someplace like Iowa!
Posted Apr 29, 2010 1:54 pm