Viewing: 1-11 of 11
visentin

visentin - Aug 29, 2012 10:59 am - Voted 6/10

Taxonomy

I think you should keep all children albums attached to Sudetes as long as this is not a proper Area. I can give a try for a chapter about Hruboskalsko but not more.
You forgot this one too:
http://www.summitpost.org/czech-climbing-areas/285944
I totally missed Aranka's Hruboskalsko page !
One other thing, I think Aranka's Adrspach page should be attached to East Bohemian Sandstones, but she replied she doesn't know how to do it...

yatsek

yatsek - Aug 29, 2012 11:19 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Taxonomy

"I think you should keep all children albums attached to Sudetes as long as this is not a proper Area."

I disagree - that's why this album has been created.

"You forgot this one too: http://www.summitpost.org/czech-climbing-areas/285944"

I didn't. I've even voted on it, or rather downvoted it. :) But I've attached all the photos to this page as I find them good and interesting.

visentin

visentin - Aug 30, 2012 2:56 am - Voted 6/10

Re: Taxonomy

OK, ok...
Another question, you don't attach it to the Sudetes ?

yatsek

yatsek - Aug 30, 2012 5:38 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Taxonomy

The problem is a bit similar to drawing the border between Europe and Asia - what about Armenia?:) I think I'll keep both Saxon-Bohemian Switzerland and Bohemian Paradise outside the Sudetes, in line with most geographical classifications. Attaching the Paradise to the Sudetes would be like attaching Krakow/Ojcow or Moravian Karst to the Carpathians.

visentin

visentin - Aug 30, 2012 7:08 am - Voted 6/10

Re: Taxonomy

In this case why Palava hills is attached by you to the Carpathians ?

yatsek

yatsek - Aug 30, 2012 10:18 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Taxonomy

A good question. I didn't give much thought to this, but some Czech sources read the Palava Hills belong in the Carpathians, e.g. here. Just don't ask me about the Visegrad :) Actually, it's Peter who draws the borders around/within the SP Carpathians. Once I had a hard time trying to make him believe the Apuseni are part of the Carpathians too. :)

visentin

visentin - Aug 30, 2012 5:18 pm - Voted 6/10

Re: Taxonomy

The Carpathians are a part of the Alps, the Alps are a part of the Eurasian water divide then a part of the Himalayas. Conclusion, you know where to attach Palava and Bohemian Paradise ;)

Moni

Moni - Jul 17, 2014 7:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Saxon Switzerland

You do realize there is a page for Sächsische Schweiz (aka Saxony Switzerland)
http://www.summitpost.org/s-chsische-schweiz/152091

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Jul 17, 2014 11:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Saxon Switzerland

I realize that very well (I am Czech). Saxon Switzerland is another sandstone rock town, but it is not a part of Bohemian Paradise. It is located in a different part of the country. (also Adrzbach rock town NOT a part of Bohemian Paradise).
It would be like writing down that Black canyon of the Gunnison and Grand Canyon should have the same page.

Moni

Moni - Jul 19, 2014 11:40 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Saxon Switzerland

I know that, too, it's just it would be nice if when you referred to Saxon Switzerland, you would link to the Sächsische Schweiz page on Summitpost so people who do not know this area understand how these places relate to each other.

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Jul 20, 2014 9:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Saxon Switzerland

I think Jacek added it in the first line, but now I feel I should add Adrzbach, Teplice, Krizak, which are actually closer and have hundreds of similar sandstone towers and thousands of routes.
I did not think it was good to link all rock sandstone towns under this page, only those which are located within the Bohemian Paradise.
And the Saxon Switzerland really describes only the german part of the park. We call it Czech Switzerland (I visited twice: once a school trip and 2nd time with my son nearly twenty years ago. We were not allowed during the communist time to freely travel across the border and had to apply for special permissions. I hope to make it there climbing soon).

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to 'Bohemian Paradise' main page