Bohinj Group Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 24 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Nice and very informative page! I think the best from the subgroup of Julian Alps that you have posted. I have posted some photos. Then I was thinking about the other mountains in South Bohing chain and I was reading the information on your page about South Bohinj ridge. I think that each mountain in this ridge must have its own page and only the description of the route. What do you think?

Posted Dec 5, 2004 12:33 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Yes, it's a hard question! It's been a long time ago, when I posted the South Bohinj Chain page. At that point I believed, that SummitPost is not the place for each mountain page (although some members suggested the opposite). Now we already have so many summits on SP, that some of the South Bohinj mountains would need their own pages: Crna Prst, Rodica, Vrh nad Skrbino, Podrta gora, Kuk and both Bogatins.

The other option is, to post on the present 'big page' a lot of separate routes pages. For example: for Rodica, one could add two or three ski routes, south ascent etc. With fine pictures. And not much more is needed.

Only one thing is certain. I shall post somewhere - probably on the South Bohinj Chain page the route description of crossing the whole chain. It belongs there.

So, I don't know a good solution. Thanks for your vote and think more about this problem :-)
Posted Dec 5, 2004 12:43 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Wouldn't like to be in your skin guys, hehe :-) Very interesting and good question! If you describe all the summits on South Bohinj Ridge page it might be too much, if you create new page for each summit then SBR page looses purpose of existence since you created Bohinj group page?!?!?!?! What to do?

What about transferring info from SBR page on this one and then delete SBR page and start creating individual summit pages. That seams like best solution for me.
Posted Dec 5, 2004 1:28 pm

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

About deleting I don`t know! I think that: It would be the best that we creat the pages only for the main summits that are the most important: Crna Prst, Rodica, maybe Sija, Vogel, Vrh nad Skrbno, Mahavscek, Tolminski kuk and Bogatin. Then we explain that on the page of South Bohinj ridge and do the links. For other not so important mountain we can describe route on it on the South Bohing ridge page like Johan is doing on his page. I think this is the best chance. I am not for deleting page about SBR because it is very nice and we only do the link of it on the new pages in South Bohinj ridge. What do you think? :-)
Posted Dec 6, 2004 1:02 am

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Johan Heersink :-)

I was thinking on his Bogda Shan mountain group and its routes. What do you think about this proposal?
Posted Dec 7, 2004 4:34 am

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

I would also not delete the SBR page, and also think that creating new pages for main summits is OK.
Posted Dec 7, 2004 11:00 am

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Ok fine we will do as we have agreed upon.

Posted Dec 7, 2004 1:09 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Don't know what to say anymore, it's always the same, I'm boring to myself! Can't you for once create a bad page Vid, would like to say something new?! :-) Seriously, great work as always and some great shots, oh yes, and great map!
Posted Dec 5, 2004 1:20 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

I don't know Vid if you've seen my reply to your reply on Bor's comment. Seams to me that it would be the best to transfer text from South Bohinj Ridge page to this page. Photos from the page would find their place among new individual summit pages. Also some could find place here. Because SBR page is like little group page it doesn't need to exists now when you created this page. It would not be the problem to add that text here. But leave it for now till new summit pages are made. Just my thoughts about that.

I've noticed that you made a link to Triglav Lakes valley route for huts access. You can do the same for Vodnikov Dom. Both accesses are described in Bohinj route on Triglav page.

Just these days I had the idea to add description of Triglav Lakes valley to 'Valleys' section on Triglav page but there is no need since you described it here. Maybe I can do a link.
Posted Dec 5, 2004 5:21 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Dear Sasa!

I'm glad we are so fine tuned! Regarding the South Bohinj Ridge, you're right, but I shall wait. There's no hurry. I'm the first one who wants a clear concept. BTW - in Karavanke I have also the Kosuta page :-(

Unfortunately I wrote the access routes description to Vodnikov dom (for the Triglav Group page) before I realised, that you already did this job perfectly. So, it's now redundant, but for now, perhaps it can stay.

Regarding The Valley of Triglav Lakes - I'll be happy if you have any information to add. I was trying not to repeat too much your route description.
Posted Dec 6, 2004 12:02 pm

rokajUntitled Comment

rokaj

Great page with a lot of infos, special for non-climbing members-like me. Map is very usefull. Great LP ROK
Posted Dec 5, 2004 3:38 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Thanks Rok, I'm glad you like it! You know that I'm also not a climber ;-)
Posted Dec 5, 2004 4:06 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Thanks, Britt :-)
Posted Dec 6, 2004 11:31 am

mrhUntitled Comment

mrh

Awesome page! (except you got South America listed as the continent).
Posted Dec 6, 2004 12:30 am

Johan HeersinkUntitled Comment

Johan Heersink

Great quality, as always!
Posted Dec 6, 2004 6:00 am

wuedesauUntitled Comment

wuedesau

Wonderful page, Vid! Seems to be god´s own country.
Posted Dec 6, 2004 2:35 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Yes, something like Totes Gebirge.
Posted Dec 7, 2004 4:03 am

ivantrpkovUntitled Comment

Incredible page Vid! The photos are wonderful!
Posted Dec 7, 2005 1:37 pm