Viewing: 1-8 of 8
atavist

atavist - Dec 1, 2012 3:06 am - Hasn't voted

IPA

This TR deserves at least one comment. Looks like a great time. And not even too crowded on some of those drive-ups.

Jow

Jow - Dec 3, 2012 11:12 am - Hasn't voted

Re: IPA

Thanks man. I see u posted that you'll be hitting up some of these peaks soon. have fun and welcome back to states

crussellbowden

crussellbowden - Sep 23, 2014 4:40 am - Hasn't voted

the gas mileage tho...

This week looks like a lot of fun! I want to knock out a bunch of high points when I go back to NC this winter for a month; this certainly seems like the way to do it (especially with the distilleries and brew tours!)

crussellbowden

crussellbowden - Sep 23, 2014 4:41 am - Hasn't voted

sad but true

All these east coast high points look hella lame compared to our remote ones out west though...ah well. They are still there, so I must do them.

Jow

Jow - Sep 23, 2014 11:09 am - Hasn't voted

Re: sad but true

I appreciate them for what they are and some of my best highpoint memories ended up occurring due to mountains that at first i wasn't all that excited about. I may be highpointing your current state next summer although not in the "ridiculous" fashion you chose.

crussellbowden

crussellbowden - Sep 30, 2014 4:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: sad but true

Haha I wouldn't recommend it...there's so much beautiful country to see, and hiking two nights wasn't the way to see it! I'd like to go back and spend more time there for sure.

rstrandjohnson - Jun 8, 2017 1:17 pm - Hasn't voted

the Southern Six-pack

Thanks for the great post on the Southern Six-Pack. We used it as an accurate guide for those southern high points, with a few changes to make it family-friendly; with one member of our group still in her teens, we decided to skip the bourbon and beer festival parts! Some additions: Black Mt looked so anti-climactic, we added a hike in KY to Chained Rock in Pine Mountain State Park...a real treat. Mt. Rogers was our favorite hike, complete with viewings of the wild ponies in the highlands. And Sassafras Mountain, SC has been cleared at the top of tall trees, allowing for great views all around. We stayed at a beautiful resort called Brasstown Valley during our foray into GA. And we loved Asheville and our little bit of culture when we toured Biltmore. A terrific family vacation, and we've now bagged 13 high points...thanks for the help!

barbw - Mar 20, 2023 6:57 pm - Hasn't voted

The Southern Six-pack

Love the name of this group of highpoints! I'd never heard it called that before I read your post! Planning to bag them in April in conjunction with a wedding in N. Carolina. I looked at a map and thought they all looked close enough to do on one trip. Now even more stoked knowing they have a cool name! Thanks for all of the beta! Good luck on the rest of your highpoints!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Bourbon, Beer, & the Southern Six Pack' main page