Brush Canyon

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 32.38900°N / 110.107°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Route Description

From the parking spot on the mesa at about 5,760', start heading south towards Reiley Peak. After a few hundred feet of walking across level ground, you will have to descend 200' into Brush Canyon. You might be able to pick up a faint use trail here. Descend into Brush Canyon, then climb back out of it to reach the other side of the mesa.

Start climbing up the broad, grassy slope towards some water tanks at 5,865'. Continue climbing up the slope towards Point 6,305' on the Northwest Ridge. The ridge begins to narrow here. Brush Canyon will be on your left, and Rockhouse Canyon will be on your right. Continue climbing southeast up the ridge past Points 6,521', 7,105', and 7,245'. The ridge goes up-and-down through this section, so you will lose some elevation at times. There is no trail here, but you will just keep climbing up the ridge. You may have to scramble over a few rock outcroppings here and there. Once you reach Point 7,245', turn left and make the final push to the summit. The true highpoint is a little further north on the summit ridge.

Hiking Distance: About 6 miles round trip.
Elevation Gain: About 2,600'.